GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

How hard is it to get LXO midnight purple III paint? Anyone here know where to get it? I contacted Dupont and the company was bought out I was told.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
There is a couple of traders on here who can get it but i'm sure its £100+ a litre, infact it could be even more than that!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great! It's the exact color because some of these shops can't get it right. How many liters does it take 1 to 3?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Basically its the same but as with any paint it also depends somewhat on the person and equipment they use to mix it, but in the end it all comes down to the painter how the end result comes out.

if you are looking to match existing panels it might take them dousins of palettes before they nail it, Its a very tricky paint to match and not only due to the mix but undercoat (should be black), angle of the gun, type of gun, if they use a water base, amount of bar on gun, clearcoat etc.

Depending on what panels you need to paint I would consider to paint the whole car.
Contact a dealer that has experience with painting MPII or MPIII as they will have all the information that you might need, make sure you also add the recommended basecoat.

Pick a painter you are comfortable with and has experance with tinters/chromalusion, someone that takes his job seriously and doesent back out if anything dousent match and it needs another layer. I wouldent know the amount you need for a complete respray or the dilution.

I´m pretty much in the same situation as I need to repaint my MPII R34, I´ll try and only paint the parts, but as its above 2/3 of the car (front and rear bumper and skirts) i´m prepared to get the whole thing painted.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many liters are you going to buy? You're not covering the entire car. Sorry for my ignorance never tried to paint a car so you need to mix this stuff? I saw one R34 with MP and it look as if he had flakes in the paint it was amazing. Never seen it look like this. Is this MP2 or MP3?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I will be ordering it as a service, that way I don't need to care about how much paint they need to get the result I want.

Up close you can see the pearls in MPII, I haven't seen MPIII in real life so I cant say.

MPII has less color changing effect, its also darker in cloudy weather while MPIII has more blue tones to it.

LV4 Midnight Purple II (Chromalusion Tinter KK760 Absolute Purplene & Vilot Pearl)
LXO Midnight Purple III (Chromalusion Tinter KK700 True Blazberry Prizm & 2 pearls red & Violet)

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/169318-my-first-projekt-bnr34-mpii.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts