GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good paint shop in Bucks?

I believe Westway outsource to Top Gun Refinishing - has anyone had any experience of them?

Suppose it will be an insurance job. Don't know if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
598 Posts
It might be a bit further to travel, but there is a guy in Southam, 15 mins north of Banbury, Greg Howell.

Does some amazing work for VW and Audi guys, just painted the hardtop on my 997 and its amazing.

His number is 07980 855469.

You can see many of his award winning painting in VW, Audi and BMW mags.

Worth a call.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Nissan Approved"

Thanks very much for these recommendations guys. Both paintshops sound very good.

Does anyone know If there is any reason to go with "Nissan Approved" repairers? Don't know what "Nissan Approved" means in this (or any other) context.

Presumably Top Gun in Kidlington are approved, but who knows .... Before I write them off completely has anyone any experience of them, one way or the other?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Thanks very much for these recommendations guys. Both paintshops sound very good.

Does anyone know If there is any reason to go with "Nissan Approved" repairers? Don't know what "Nissan Approved" means in this (or any other) context.

Presumably Top Gun in Kidlington are approved, but who knows .... Before I write them off completely has anyone any experience of them, one way or the other?
They painted some bits on my SRT-8 a few years ago, twice.

Nuff said for me I am afraid.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Anyone know a good paint shop in Bucks?

I believe Westway outsource to Top Gun Refinishing - has anyone had any experience of them?

Suppose it will be an insurance job. Don't know if that makes any difference.
Where did you go in the end?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you go in the end?
Decided to pay for it myself. The insurance excess, probable increased premium for next year, and the loss of 1 life on the protected no claims discount meant that the cost would probably have to be over £1000 to make it a claim worthwhile.

Both of the recommended body shops sounded good and had great reviews on several forums, but Greg Howell shaded it on grounds of cost, seeing as it was my pennies. Car is booked in for the coming Tuesday. I will report back once the work is done.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Decided to pay for it myself. The insurance excess, probable increased premium for next year, and the loss of 1 life on the protected no claims discount meant that the cost would probably have to be over £1000 to make it a claim worthwhile.

Both of the recommended body shops sounded good and had great reviews on several forums, but Greg Howell shaded it on grounds of cost, seeing as it was my pennies. Car is booked in for the coming Tuesday. I will report back once the work is done.
You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
598 Posts
What was it like? Happy?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Took the car to Greg who did a superb job on it. Seems he took hours and hours getting all of the door trim off in order to carry the paint on from the side panel onto the door.

Looks at least as good as new now. So thanks very much for the recommendation Varsity (and also thanks to NINEIR0N).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts