GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when I was moaning at the cost of a small paint repair quote on the forum.....a nice white van reverses into the car! Three lovely scrapes above the wheel arch about a foot long! :mad:

My HPC (Motorline) appears to farm out bodyshop work to a local garage on the industrial estate so I can see no real logic to them doing the repair. Will any bodyshop be able to source the paint?

·
Registered
672 Posts
try briley coachworks on 01580712418 ask for Tim (owner) tell him Dennis with the blue gtr gave you the number and he will sort it mate, based in Goudhurst in kent

·
Registered
78 Posts
Motorline use Motorcare very close to them, They are the official repairer and they've had many in there.

There work is first class and I wouldn't take your car anywhere else through fear of a bodge particularly in pearl white. It could cost you more in the long run especially when the next owner sees the dodgey repair.

The car is too valuable to cut corners.....but at least going straight to them cuts out Motorlines commission.:cool:

Speak to Colin

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Sorry to hear about that G.
Once its repaired give me a call and I will send up some product to re protect the effected area.

Robbie

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to hear about that G.
Once its repaired give me a call and I will send up some product to re protect the effected area.

Robbie
Thanks mate. I can't bear to look at it at the moment! I know it's only metal and it will get sorted but I have spent so much effort keeping her clean and shiny! I need to give myself a slap and put it into perspective!

Thanks guys for the repair info. Really helpful. I'm gonna taker her Monday and see who can fit the job in asap.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Altered Image in Strood are also very good. I highly recommend him. I have seen his work and used him myself.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Altered Image in Strood are also very good. I highly recommend him. I have seen his work and used him myself.
Cheers mate. I'm hoping I'll have the car with me for the next Kent meet....even if she's still showing scars of battle! I'm not sure I'd be comfortable turning up in the family Alfa Mito!

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Kent meet.....what's this then? When? Where?
Hi mate.

GTROC meet monthly on 1st Sunday each month (hope that's right) at the Robin Hood pub at Bluebell Hill near Chatham. Not been yet but was hoping to make it this month!

P.S. Beaten into 2nd place again! Story of my life!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all your help guys.

The panel could not be saved so have a complete new rear side one on order (none in UK). They have to fit a new small side window at the same time which seems weird! Same with wheels....any scratch and Nissan say replace it! I can actually get all four wheels repainted for a third of the list price of one new wheel!

In light of the size of the panel required I used Motorcare in Tunbridge Wells who are Nissan approved. Colin was very helpful and has invested heavily in repair equipment specifically for the R35. Estimate within the hour and parts ordered the same day.

Appears many decent GTR's still being written off just because of silly parts prices. Such a waste. I wonder where all the parts for these cars are going?? There must be a massive need for them if sold at sensible prices.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont think this is true. Mine were damaged during optimisation and Nissan have only offered to refurb them.
It makes sense but the repairer has had specific instructions from Nissan that they must not attempt any repair, even paint! Probably another Nissan money making exercise. My damage was so minimal I said I'd fix it with a local company and show the other driver how much I'd saved him! I wont let Nissan take the p*ss! Maybe worth asking Nissan why they are happy to refurb yours but wont let their approved garages do the same!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Car in for repair tonight. Have the family Alfa Mito to keep me amused for at least a week! It's going to be a long 7 days!

Big thank you to Ancaster Bromley who got all the bits from outside the UK in record time and drove them to my repairer this morning. :thumbsup:

Going to have to attend my first GTROC local meet in an Alfa! Better get the first round in!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Car in for repair tonight. Have the family Alfa Mito to keep me amused for at least a week! It's going to be a long 7 days!

Big thank you to Ancaster Bromley who got all the bits from outside the UK in record time and drove them to my repairer this morning. :thumbsup:

Going to have to attend my first GTROC local meet in an Alfa! Better get the first round in!
Remind me again....This Sunday PM?

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She's back!

Finally got her back this morning and looking like new again. Thanks to Colin at Motor Care for a cracking job and helping me find the best solution to getting the parts at almost sensible prices!

The drive home in the sunshine was just perfect. Off to put som more miles on and explore the rev range a bit! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts