GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really fancy painting my calipers (standard Nissan ones), but two questions please.
Anyone know where I can buy Burgundy colour paint (car is Wine Red) ?
Am I committing a bit of a faux pas - is this sort of thing a bit too "Saxo"ish ?
Ta for your input.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Mine are painted, They look allright....

My car was wine red and I did the calipers in red smooth hammerite, The finish is good and it seems to have lasted well.

You could get an aerosol to spray them, Have a look at rover nightfire red, it might be close enough colour for what your doing.

Dont damage the grey protective coating just give them a good clean and use a decent primer.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the thoughts, but I thought I needed to use special heat resistant paint.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts

Most paint can stand the temperatures that your calipers get to, Unless you are doing a lot of track work I guess....

As you can see the paint stayed on mine, And I quite oftem blue the discs with heat. I think you will only have a problem if one of the brakes is siezed.

·
Registered
365 Posts
on my GTR ive painted them gold as it matches the centre cap of the wheel. dont look too kack but at the end of the day its personal preference. i chose it, i like it, i drive it :)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think both of those ideas are good.
Gold could be the answer as I have the same Volks wheels.
I like the idea of the white Nissan standing out.
Cheers you chaps.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
If I do my brakes tommorow I will get you a better shot, And you will also see the condition of the paint after a year on the car.....

·
Registered
365 Posts
got yourself a gtr in the end then i see Stan :) ive brushed mine now so the nissan bit has come through silver

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Mark, I would like to see them.
Yes Bomber, one from a guy in Hucclecote - down your way.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts

I didnt get time to do the brakes, So I took a couple of snapshots through the wheel, As you can see they have stood up quite well and I doubt if I will have to repaint them for another year perhaps.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the pics.
This might be a bit of a noobie Q (cos I'm not that good with cars, they're so much more complicated than household DIY):- does it matter if I paint over the screws etc. Or can any paint seal be broken easily if I need to get to the calipers at a later stage?

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
If you paint over the pin heads (They do look a bit like screw heads) and the bolts there is no problem getting them out later, Just bear in mind that breaking the paint surface may make the paint peel off in a strip though.

Its easy to remove the pins for the brake pads, But its up to you, I think I painted over mine.....

·
Registered
234 Posts
Recently changed mine from red to gold with a shiny nissan logo

Rear:

Front:

And i did the disks black aswell as they were looking a bit rough

1 - 16 of 16 Posts