GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got new gaskets and cam seals for the car,gonna change the cam belt and paint the cam covers you see.

I'd like to know if anyone has had any problems with using ordinary 2 pack primer,paint and lacquer, or do I need to use some special heat resistant paint?:confused:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant see that would be too much of a problem. You'd have to give me your covers though, cleaned and ready for etch primer ie:- Very clean!!!!

It would probably be best to bring the covers over to me while I'm doing mine. That way I'm only dirtying my gun once for each type of paint, and theres gonna be four:- Etch primer, primer,colour and lacquer. If it's a warm day, you could take them home on the same day!:smokin:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Mine too if your up for a long day :D

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Henry should be able to offer some info on this - what with his Rising Sun and everything :)

Daz

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to pull this one from so deep out of the archives, but I am once again asking the same question...... I've removed my covers and blasted them clean today, so I'm ready to do some painting :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
2 pack paint is hardened with heat from a chemical reaction
I had mine colour coded and have no problems but would advise a couple of layers of 2 pack laquer as i have scratched mine already!!!!

JAY

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx Jay, thats just the kind of reply I was hoping for!!

All I've got to do now is choose a colour!!!! :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I've got a special paint finish on my cam cover. There was no probelm at all with the paint - even with the sort of heat I run. :eek:
The one thing you must pay particular attention to is the lacquer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts