GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. I want to paint my GTR Cam Covers and bits.. may mix it up with a few polished bits... Am stuck on a few colours... a rich mid blue.. a bayside blue, white or the cherry red that seems to be very favourable! The car is white by the way..

Is the cherry red that everyone seems to use a solid red or a pearl/metallic??

Can anyone give me an actual paint code for this?

Suggestions on a post card please!

Thank you

Lee

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I painted mine...matte black :p But I'm chroming all the pipework. I like that color combo...

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Polished

I went more BLING and polished mine for a nice clean finish.

·
Registered
720 Posts
markyboy - what did you use to polish yours up that well, and how long did it take?

im also interested in either polishing or painting, if i painted what name/type of paint do i need thats heat resistant?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marky,

Nice job mate...

I quite like the polished combo with the blue hoses etc.. (where did you get your hose it from?) could work with a bayside blue as well?? I think I need some shiny Sh!t in my life! Did you take the parts off for polished yourself?? How easy is the inlet manifold to get off and do you ned replacement gaskets? where did you get these from?? Although Some of the red ones I have seen really look bling.. So hard to choose!!

Paint wise I gather a good 2pack paint is needed..

Primer filler - rub back to get rid of the casting marks,
Couple of coats of colour and couple of coats of lacquer..

Sound about right??

I take it you sent your stuff to a proper polishers?? what did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers

Lee

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Paint wise I gather a good 2pack paint is needed..

Primer filler - rub back to get rid of the casting marks,
Couple of coats of colour and couple of coats of lacquer..

Sound about right??

Cheers

Lee

Yeah any good 2pack paint will do

You NEED Etching primer as the covers are alluminium and the paint will bubble and flake off if this is not used.

Mine had 3 coats of base, 3 coats of pearl topcoat and 6 -7 coats of lacquer.

Steve

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice work.. now.. is tis your own company?? I was actually thinking of a combo of poilshed and painted.. looking thinking about cherry red cam covers and polished spark plug cover and probably cherry red gear cover? what do you think?? could you do a special deal on this?? aso what about inlet manifold and the turbo outlet in polished.. can you do these??
By the way.. do you not bother doing the lower cam belt cover??

Let me know.

Regards
Lee

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can someone please tell me what the cherry red is that is popular for cam covers? who makes it? or is it a standard nissan colour?? please let me know so I know what to ask my paint supplier for!

Thank you
Lee

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
You won't get the std. Nissan colour code, as i tried long and hard and gave up!!! Did eventually get the code, but this was only a code used in the factory, and for the suppliers. The code didn't make any sense to the paint suppliers.

Maybe someone else can help with a code for a paint that is close to the stock Nissan colour...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.