GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a really a 'mod'....wasn't sure where to post this.
I want to repaint my engine cover. I'm not sure whether to get it anodised or powdercoated, any ideas on the suitability of the two, prices etc..?

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
GP

Well done Dino
I will download some of them later.
How close to Val in the interview, lucky man thats all I can say.
Glad the weather held for the race.
See Ya

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi there,

I have used normal car paint as the covers don`t get too hot and I done the same on my last car and it was fine.

Hope this helps

Richard

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Too Hot

Richard.

You just made me think their. I was going to get my cover painted but it gets SO HOT :eek: with the single sitting their.

Mmmmmmm.

glen

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Glen...I cant make it out from your avatar if you have it fitted or not, but usually singles have this metal "barrier" between the turbo and the engine.
If you don't have one it might be an idea:)

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
F#$K me that is huge!! You cant even fit a bloody piece of paper between the engine and the turbo...let alone a piece of metal!!:rolleyes:

Glen...forget what I said;) :D Here is an idea though...have a ceramic tiled engine cover built...that should keep heat tranfer to a minimum!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Ceramic

Dino

Can I get it from Topps Tiles then :D .

Seriously though what is a ceramic tiled cover :confused: .

glen

·
Registered
18 Posts
I reckon that caliper paint would be fine for the engine cover; after all they get bloody hot and the paint doesn't fall off.

I will be painting various bits on my 'baby' GTS and will report hoe it goes.

John

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Glen, Jeez - it looks like you need the heatshield from the Space Shuttle to go around that monster turbine !!! :smokin:

·
Registered
225 Posts
It would need one if it was ever driven :)

Glen - "It's all about having it delivered" :)

:D

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Heat sheild

Glen i have some heat proof aerospace stuff i will bring you some at the next meet probably worth a try
Gary

1 - 20 of 21 Posts