GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how easy is to paint the engine, taking parts off etc... and also what is the prefered paint....
iam a big pink floyd fan and thinking of having a pinkfloyd theme under the hood, something unique, what do you think/./.,

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after a long hard think and having no replies im not doing the floyd thing, but i would still like to paint it though any suggestions:lamer:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
There's a few companies out there that do custom painting on helmets, they should be able to help, but it's gonna cost, due to being labour-intensive (the spraying that is, cos removing the engine covers is a bit of a doddle)

try these: Clicky Me they may be able to help, or point you in the right direction???

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
When you spray up the cover mak sure you get a really good heat resistent lacquer as that tends to crack quicker than the paint.

The GTROC has a complete set of covers for the RB26 which you can source and get painted up then do a swap and return your old ones, rather than be inconvenienced for some time with no engine covers. There's no charge for this other than postage.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
had mine sprayed at a shop, very pleased with the results.
No bubling, peeling, cracking.....
on yahoo auctions they sell for about 250USD prepainted
in BB and several other colors. I want to get mine polished now,
but perhaps that will wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts