GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just after a few opinions - I want to take the R34 off the road over the winter and get the paintwork refreshed and a new underseal. As a nearly 10yr old UK car it needs a bit of love.:chuckle:

I am just wondering whether I should first get the car chassis cleaned and undersealed and then painted after? Presumably that's the right order. Anybody used a good bodyshop in the Beds/Bucks/Herts area?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
NEVER underseal an old car unless you KNOW it's totally dry in all the seams. At this time of year, here in the UK, it'll need to go in a spray booth with the heaters on overnight, which will be pricey. If you seal in moisture you will do more harm than leaving it NOT undersealed. Good luck, in my experience R34's are the worst of the 32, 33, 34 series for being a rust bucket :) I think I would have it Dinitrol'd rather than undersealed.

·
Super Moderator
15,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Chris

Actually the car is very clean underneath, I am looking at preventative maintenance. :) I've no qualms with making sure it's a very good job - the company I've in mind takes four days to do the work and it's not cheap. So yes they do dry it well! It's just a question of whether I should do it before or after the paint refresh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts