GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part 1 of my write-up of Saturday's GTROC track event at PalmerSport.

We all arrived at 7.30ish on a perfect morning and before a great English breakfast, lined up our cars for a couple of snaps.

The GTR's transmission makes it hard to get the cars lined up nicely:rolleyes:

Our table for breakfast is easily identified.....:D

First up we are driving the Porsche 911 and Renault Clio Cup; both fully race prepared, on the North Circuit for time trial race. We arrive in our own minibus, driven by the lovely Becky, and this is what is waiting for us.

Comfy track side suite in which to relax between drives

Porsches first

GTROC Member, JJA, takes the wheel of the 911

Very much a real race track!:bowdown1:

Then it’s the Clio Cups; this is the real deal, slicks, roll cage, pumped up Touring Car high street look.

Not your average Clio:)

GTROC Member, Sin needs convincing to get in!

Paul_K proves to be fastest of the GTROC crew in the 911, with a time of 57.18, giving him 3rd overall, with JJA next up at 58.59. I do less well.

Sin proves fastest in the Clio (58.68) , with me close behind (59.53.) 911 kings, Paul_K and JJA fare less well in the hatch.

Most of us spin the 911, with the chicane being the most popular spot; Paul_K spins both cars! Cars surprisingly matched in this company.

It’s back in the minibus for the short hop to the Caterham 7 Pursuit circuit. This is a head to head dual around a small, tight, identical circuits, including a doughnut section. Paul_K starts talking about time spent in supermarket car parks when he was younger; we know we are in trouble.

A Caterham 7 on the start line waiting for the lights to go out..............

Paul_K, the doughnut king

Paul_K wins the event.

To be continued............................................

·
Registered
535 Posts
Gutted I couldn't come, sort out another one at some point Ed, I promise I'll try and make it!

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Excellent pics Ed, What a top day that was!
Bring on part 2:smokin:
First time in a 911 for me and although the tail was a bit waggy once you got used to it it was quite predictable, 996 did seem very dated now though...
Ed, you have forgotten to mention that you got thrashed by two bleach blonds on the Caterham drift.......

Are you really going to post my pathetic spin in the Lemans car?:bawling::D;)

Paul

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ed, you have forgotten to mention that you got thrashed by two bleach blonds on the Caterham drift.......
actually having reviewed the stats, it's worse than that, I got beaten by them in most events:nervous::chuckle:

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and come to think of it, at least one of the blondes had a couple of non-standard turbos:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts