GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a single coil for my R34 from NZEFI, £93 shipped, no problems on that side it was shipped with in a few days with shipping details etc.
Coil shows up in Coventry Parcelforce depo UK on a Monday morning, so there's me thinking 2/3 days at the most and I will get it. How wrong was I :chairshot
7 [email protected]@king working days with me chasing them a number of times on the phone and then they deliver it after I've been billed a nice £31.56 of which £17 vat (understandable) and the rest is a handling charge for taking the ph!ss:bawling:
What a waste of time I wish now I'd ordered from the dealers for £113 except it was going to be 6 wks for Nissan to deliver from Japan.

·
GTR Register Member
268 Posts
Have experienced that before, waiting a similar time - the last time I called them and said I needed that parcel urgently, they gave me the amount payable over the phone, paid them and then drove to the depot and picked it up.

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
Makes buying things from overseas an expensive game. We only get a £15 allowance, Americans get £500 allowance before any taxes are applied and even then it's probably lot less % wise than us.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NZEFI

I emailed the guys at NZEFI and they've come back to say that they are aware of what's going and had many complaints before, they did consider DHL but their charges are even higher:(

·
Administrator
31,478 Posts
fact is duties and vat are payable full stop.

so you ended up paying what you should

So no real cause to complain about the duty but a reasonable rant about the delay
nope. It's the piss take handling charges over which you have no control that is the rant.
It's a scam because you can't choose who handles the parcel or head off the fees in advance.

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
Spot on Mook. You could pay couple of pounds in vat and be charged (£13 I think for Japan, £8 for USA) for their handling fees. You cannot control that charge it's a scam!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
£13 to handle a very small parcel

Then only do something after I've called them a few times and explained that I need the parcel urgently and even then it was pass the buck to 3 different departments :nervous:

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
The handling fees all the couriers charge are a joke for small items, at least some of the others don't hold your parcel to ransom and clear the parcels quickly and just send an invoice. Royal Mail are amount the cheapest handling fee at £8 afaik.

If only there was some sort of tariff free zone we could join that would mean we could buy goods from 27 other countries without the hassle of customs and borders....

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I just paid £113 duty to parcel force for my injectors from nzefi today, what can you do? Has to be paid....

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Just had this with parcelforce with a package from australia, i paid the duty and charges on 18th April, and it just sat in the depot until a phoned them today and they asked "would you like that delivered?" lol "yeah", "ok let me go and see if i can find it.....". makes you wonder whats gong on a business that size when successfully delivering parcels doesnt seem to be their primary capability.

The same week I had one from USA, cheapest USPS type shipping, which hands off to royal mail, took about a week, paid the duty as soon as the notification dropped through the letter box and it arrived the next day. Not bad for the cheapest shipping option on offer. Not without some wtf though as the usps tracking showed as delivered as soon as it landed in the UK, and royal mail showed some cryptic status undocumented on their website which didnt change when i paid the shipping.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just paid £113 duty to parcel force for my injectors from nzefi today, what can you do? Has to be paid....
Ask them to reduce the invoice amount in the parcel. Pay two amounts from different bank accounts.

The second bit because if they don't believe you, you prove the payment.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts