GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The house I have just purchased is great apart from I have a driveway problem...

The pavement angles up towards the start of my driveway and then my driveway angles immediately down causing a peak which means that if i drive straight onto it, the GT-R would get stuck.

After careful testing I have found that I can get onto the drive ok if I drive on at an angle and then swing the car round. This means though that I have to park on the grass next to the driveway. I will be block paving over the grass area next year to accommodate the GT-R (the things we do for our cars!) but until then I am concerned that during the winter months, the car may start sinking into the grass/soil as she is a heavy beast!

Anyone else had any experience with this?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had an issue with the steepness immediately outside my garage which resulted in the front splitter rubbing. It's now been corrected but for a quick fix I used thick heavy Mdf sheets. I think if your worried about the winter then laying some cheAp material over the area your going to drive on would be the quickest and cheapest solution until you do the block paving.

·
Registered
907 Posts
There is loads of trees around my way where the wind has ripped them out of the ground and just laying down by the road side. Get your self a chain saw and get some free solid wood to put down on the ground.

·
Registered
907 Posts
A few weeks ago where we had the heavy winds it ripped alot of trees from the roots out of the ground. Most of them are still laying on the ground as no one has bothered to clear them up. You could easily chop them up and use them as hard flooring for a temporary use.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
A few weeks ago where we had the heavy winds it ripped alot of trees from the roots out of the ground. Most of them are still laying on the ground as no one has bothered to clear them up. You could easily chop them up and use them as hard flooring for a temporary use.
Again.....wut?!

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
There is loads of trees around my way where the wind has ripped them out of the ground and just laying down by the road side. Get your self a chain saw and get some free solid wood to put down on the ground.

If anyone wants a steak....

There is loads of cows around my way where the wind has ripped them off the ground and just laying down by the road side. Get your self a chain saw and get some free steak to put down in your mouth.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If anyone wants a steak....

There is loads of cows around my way where the wind has ripped them off the ground and just laying down by the road side. Get your self a chain saw and get some free steak to put down in your mouth.
i saw a dead deer on the road the other day too... apply same logic if you want some deer meat for your mouth

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
If it's a looting free-for-all, there seems to be loads of broken down Jags lying around atm. I'm sure that there are some serviceable parts there that you could take. Just avoid the electrical components ... :thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
If it's a looting free-for-all, there seems to be loads of broken down Jags lying around atm. I'm sure that there are some serviceable parts there that you could take. Just avoid the electrical components ... :thumbsup:
Back in a GTR now. Keep up ;)

<----------------------------

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
There is loads of little bitches round my way where the wind has ripped them out of the ground and just laying down by the road side. Get your self a chain saw and get some good luck to enjoy yourselves.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I saw a few people cut up some chunks of trees that where going to be taken away by the council and put them in there vans and go. Oh but sorry that must just be out of this world for someone like you what is it your too rich to be seen doing this or is it you've got your head so far up your arse your a petty man. Did you get bullied at school now you feel like a big man.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I saw a few people cut up some chunks of trees that where going to be taken away by the council and put them in there vans and go. Oh but sorry that must just be out of this world for someone like you what is it your too rich to be seen doing this or is it you've got your head so far up your arse your a petty man. Did you get bullied at school now you feel like a big man.
Do you live near the op then

·
Registered
74 Posts
The house I have just purchased is great apart from I have a driveway problem...

The pavement angles up towards the start of my driveway and then my driveway angles immediately down causing a peak which means that if i drive straight onto it, the GT-R would get stuck.

After careful testing I have found that I can get onto the drive ok if I drive on at an angle and then swing the car round. This means though that I have to park on the grass next to the driveway. I will be block paving over the grass area next year to accommodate the GT-R (the things we do for our cars!) but until then I am concerned that during the winter months, the car may start sinking into the grass/soil as she is a heavy beast!

Anyone else had any experience with this?
Yes. I had a similar problem. I had to park on part of the front lawn prior to it being paved. I used this : GrassProtecta Grass Reinforcement Protection Mesh | Boddingtons | Plastic Mesh | Plastic Netting | Nets | Detectable Tape | Porous Paving

It was good enough to allow for occasional parking on the grass but after a year things started to get a bit muddy.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
So let me get this right.....

You are suggesting the OP gets a chainsaw, goes and and finds the trees around your way where the wind has ripped them out of the ground and just laying down by the road side. Cut them up into pieces, and use them as a temporary flooring.

This is what you are actually suggesting as a solution?

Just so Ive got it right.

• Buy/Get a chainsaw
  • Find the trees around your way where the wind has ripped them out of the ground and just laying down by the road side
  • Chop said trees into pieces
  • Use them as temporary flooring
Is that right?

Oh...and I wasnt bullied at school, but thats for asking. Shows you care

1 - 20 of 29 Posts