GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit off topic this and not Skyline-related per say, but since I've taken ownership of a Skyline I have had no end of "picky" behaviour from various authorities.

Take for example parking. I have been parking in the same multistorey for over a year now since working for the company I'm currently with (they don't have private car parking spaces). The rule is you're allowed to park there for a maximum of 3 hours, and cannot return within a 3 hour period. Needless to say, working from 9am - 6pm equals a lot more than 3 hours. I have got away with it for the past year by moving my car from one part of the multistorey to the other side (monitored by a different person) at lunch. In all this time I have got about 4 parking tickets.

Since owning a Skyline, and parking in exactly the same place I have gotten one fixed penalty from the Police for parking outside the cashpoint for 10 minutes (believe me, even though its double-yellows, everyone parks there all the time) and 2 multistorey parking tickets in the past week.

It's so frustrating.

Has anyone else had any experiences where someone has blatently picked on you because of the car you drive?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Durzel,

Maybe they are not picking on you, it is just that your car stand out a lot more now and is easy to notice.

What do you drive before?

I mean it is a lot easier to notice a blue R33 GTR then a white Honda Civic, don't you think?

I am sorry about your parking situration.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi :)

I used to drive a black Astra, but it was fairly modified exterior-wise (bodykit, etc). It was fairly noticeable, but I guess not in the same sense as a Skyline (of which Im pretty sure theres only 1 other one in my entire county).

·
Registered
327 Posts
Do you have Guys old car?

If not then I think there is 3!

What you need is a car cover and that way they will not be able to see what it is!!

If you get a coversystems cover you can put the Straps in the doors so no one can nick it!!

May help I left a Untaxed Car under a cover on a public road for about a year with out any Problems!

Sorry to here about your tickets Have to start paying for parking now you have 20K worth of Skyline

Bet your glad your not in Finland The boss of Nokia got nicked for parking and there fines go on how much you earn he paid about 75K just for one ticket now that a fine:D

Bruce

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Wiltshire?

Durzel,

What is the other Skyline you know of in Wiltshire? I see a Silver Middlehurst R33 around Swindon sometimes :)

As for parking tickets, I just got one at the bank the other day... £30 :( And I saw the traffice warden, and my car was the first one he ticketed, lots of other cars were parked illegally too, so why pick mine first :(

Jon

·
Registered
997 Posts
Durzel,

It`s that flashy carbon fibre spoiler on the back,thats the problem!
I will be only to glad to swop it for my lovely midnight purple one,I would even drive down & change them over free of charge:D

Bye,
Henry:smokin:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nah its not the carbon inserts...
The Yellow Perils have been after that car for ages but the previous devious owner only used it on weekends and it was always hard to catch:smokin:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Traffic wardens

It's just the luck of the draw mate when it comes to parking tickets or PCN 's are they call them ! I have got so many I even know the proper names for them-penalty charge notices !:D

I sometimes dispute them and win.Once I turned up to a tribunal in the West End to argue my case .No one turned up to argue their case and thus won by default ! Another time I wrote to them and declined any knowledge of said offence .They could not find the original PCN and thus scrubbed that one too !

Score so far . Me 2 . Them 24 !

The fact of the matter is though that they ARE doing a good job,although it's hard when WE get a ticket ! I mean can you just imagine what would happen if we could park whearever and whenever we wanted ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
961 Posts
its a lot easyer to pay
if you forget or hang it out it all gets messy

my mum should know
as a part time job she was the person responsable for all the nasty (and i mean nasty) letters that when out to repeat
parking ofenders
some peaple have even lost there cars over not paying a ticket
(in extreem cases)

·
Registered
101 Posts
well aint that a bitch.....
off the subject a little. i got lots of parking tickets, never paid them.
i once got 5 parking ticket in 1 day! and 2 of them at the exact same spot!!! what happens was, i parked my car and then off to do some work, when i return from lunch i notice it. so like normal ppl do, i took the ticket and keep it in my pocket. and exactly 30minutes later, some dumbass jock put a second one on my bloody car, AGAIN!!! call me stupid, but arent you supposed to check whaether you've issue a summon for a car if you notice it got the same colour and parked at the same spot.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well

I also have a Jeep Wrangler and that was ticketed and clamped within 5 minutes of being over the time limit ... £165 for that one, and the very next day again got a £40 fine ... but I'll contest that one :(

Never had a ticket on the R34 though :)

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bruce/polarbearit:

I saw a purple R33 drive past me into the town centre the other day, and I've seen one Bayside Blue R34 in the multistorey where I park... and yes, I've got Guys old car so I guess there must be 2 others somewhere! :)

To be honest, I think Im just being picked on. I can't really argue since I'm in the wrong, but the fact I've been parking in the same place for over a year without problems and then to have all this hassle clearly indicates this. I even got pulled over the other day and told by the policeman that my front numberplate was "highly illegal" (not just "regular" illegal y'understand, highly illegal - go figure). If you've ever seen Guy's R33 you'll know theres absolutely nothing wrong with the front numberplate other than the fact its slightly smaller than standard size (font is still normal and perfectly readable).

Thanks for all the feedback :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just cos you’r paranoid doesn’t mean there not after you !

But if it makes you feel any better I’ve never been knicked, ticketed or
persecuted in a mine, in fact I was let off because I look so innocent
I wish I could say it was female officer but it was a bloke.

Weston

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think a lot of it comes down to my age. They see a 23 year old person driving a Skyline and come down like a tonne of bricks.

Or maybe I'm just plain unlucky, who knows. Seems a bit suspicious. Either way, I suppose life is too short to dwell on such matters. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts