GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, have any of you guys used part worn tyres for your R35?

Please don't shoot me down on this question, I've only had my GTR a couple of months and I'm just trying to look at all options as my tyres need changing.

So, if you have used part worn tyres, we're/are you happy with them or not?
And if you havnt used them, what are the main reasons for this?

Like I said, I'm just trying to get a good informed idea before I make the plunge, so any comments are good.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Speak to Sly at Kaizer he has a lot of part worn stock from most manufacturers.

All the tyres are checked and come with 5mm+ he can fit them or send them to you.

There will be some that scoff at part warn, but it makes no difference

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Motors I'm looking for all 4 tyres.

I've seen Perilli P-Zero 305/30/20 x 275/35/20 with between 6.5-7.2mm of tread all round with no puncture repairs etc for £370.

I just need to know if others use part worns.....basically, I'm not a mad driver, but at same time I know what the car is capable of and I don't wanna put myself or anyone else at risk.....am I missing something here, or is it fine to use part worns?

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
am I missing something here, or is it fine to use part worns?
I would say quite a few people buy part worns for track use as a cheaper option than ragging good, new tyres to death. I wouldn't have an issue with them provided they have been removed from the old rims carefully. When people have their wheels painted, the tyres come off and then go back on again so what's the difference?

At least you didn't ask if remoulds were available:rolleyes:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I guess everyone is running part-worn tyres on their cars. As with any tyre, whether it's been on your car from new or not, check for obvious uneven wear, any damage or any perishing of the rubber. If all looks good, I wouldn't have a problem fitting these on my car.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
If I were to do any kind of track day I would use part worns... When my current tyres are done I will buy new though.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I would say quite a few people buy part worns for track use as a cheaper option than ragging good, new tyres to death. I wouldn't have an issue with them provided they have been removed from the old rims carefully. When people have their wheels painted, the tyres come off and then go back on again so what's the difference?
Yes, agreed, it's all about how they've been taken off and refitted. A part worn tyre is the same as any other tyre per se.

At least you didn't ask if remoulds were available:rolleyes:
Haha, had to laugh out loud at that, my dad is a millionaire who made it the hard way, and he drives an 800cc H plate (1990) Suzuki van, and fits remould tyres! Unbelievable I know! His main hobby is golf, he turns up in his van, so when he's in the club house his mates buy the drinks because he's 'poor old Andrew', brilliant lol!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I bought a set of P zeros (seconds) in Oct time last year. They were standard size. With 5 mm wear on all. I got them for 400, I needed some thing to get my by till I had a few more quid. They lasted till early this month. I didn't track them, tell I lie I did 10 of the best, but nothing mental. I do a bit of fast road driving but not too often.
They were shite when they got down to 1.5-2mm, and I feel I should have got a little more wear out of them as I only prob covered 1500 or less. I opted for the MPSS Litchfield set up now. But if you need something to get by and there a good price go for it. Just hope they last longer then mine did.!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow that is a short life!
Well I have ordered some part worns 305/30/20 & 275/35/20 with 6.5mm - 7mm tread all round for £400, so I'll get em fitted n see what happens.

Daryl

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got the tyres fitted, all have around 7mm tread. Pirelli Pzero 305/30/20 - 275/35/20
Lovin the ride and definate noise reduction....also less tram lining.
As for the actual condition of the tyres etc, my tyre fitter was very impressed when I told him how much I paid for them. So overall I'm over the moon for saving around £700 on a brand new set.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts