GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright,

Still on the hunt for a R33 GTR in my 'budget' (if you can call it that) and I've come to the realisation that I'm gonna have to settle for a car thats been in a smash (which I don't mind as I restore bikes and have done cars before anyway).

So just trying to weigh up the prices of parts that would need replacing.

I wouldn't be fussy on colour as I'd go for a full re-spray once finished. I'm also concidering a R34 nose??? If possible (I've done a search and seems to be a popular project).

So anyway, I need a ruff idea of parts prices of the following, if you'se lovely people :bowdown1: can help: (all R33 GTR)

- Wings
- Intercooler
- Bonnet
- Head Lights
- Bumper
- Radiator
- Grills
- Badges

Think thats about it for a front end (ish). I'd buy new (as in after-market intercoolers, rads, bonnet etc) if cheaper than original s/h. Also any names / links to good suppliers / breakers that have been tried and tested by yourselves.

Any help would be excellent!

Cheers,

Diehard :clap:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Have to say that a 34 front on a 33 really doesn't work IMO.

Fine for a 32, but there's too much difference in style between the 33 & 34.

Surely it's cheaper to buy a solid, undamaged car than to buy a crash-damaged one and repair it? Skyline parts aren't the cheapest about.

On top of that, there's the not-inconsiderable running costs to contend with. If you're struggling to buy it, you'll struggle more to run it. Why not settle for a GTS-T to start with and move up later when the chance arises? Just as much fun, but quite a bit cheaper to buy.

All in my opinion of course :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have had a little look around a second hand parts and they don't seem too bad... From what I've seen prices wise I could probs pic up a smashed GTR for 5500 - 6500, which is well with-in budget, plus I could buy the parts if / when I get the cash together... Think of it as a finance agreement with myself :D

As for running her, it's purly a toy. No logical point of having her (same as my Evo at mo), just for a play on weekends and as a on-going project. ;)

I would concider a GTS / GTT, but for every one you see for £6000, there is another the same for £3500 somewhere else (in the case of the GTS)... Don't understand the prices of these??? I'd want a tuned one to meet / exceed my Evo to be honest (plus I like gadgets) :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts