GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently we've seen quite a lot of parts becoming discontinued, so have been buying up stock of items we know are going to be needed by customers in future, but there are parts that people should consider buying.

Things like BNR32 rear quarter glass are running out - and for those owners considering replacing rear quarter panels in future, buying these windows now will be a good idea as they usually break when removal is attempted as they're bonded into place.

The large plastic panel under the front screen is now discontinued and there are various other small items of trim no longer available.

Nissan are also increasing costs of parts, especially for 32's. Front lips, for example are now not far off 80,000 Yen cost. They were roughly half that a year ago.

We have bought all of the last remaining stock of dashboard demister vents for R32's, as these get brittle and warp sometimes.

Many after market parts manufacturers are also discontinuing stuff too.
Greddy makes many of it's parts to order only, as do Mines, Apexi, Nismo, etc.

We still have good relations with many suppliers so can often get parts that are either rare or have been discontinued - such as Nismo LM GT4 wheels.

Nismo gauges for the R33 have recently been discontinued and judging by the prices of other desirable discontinued items - used prices of these in Japan are rising sharply & I wouldn't be surprised to see them exceed cost when new, within a short space of time.

In response, as we can't buy used for sensible money - We are looking into having exact replicas made to order. White or Black face.

On another note, we have finally managed to get some of the last stock of R33 fitment 3 gauge pods - the ones everybody is after but are no longer made.
Contact matty32 if interested, but stock is limited.

We'll be continuing to supply rare & discontinued parts as much as we can, but would advise especially with Nissan parts to buy now and plan for the future if you intend to keep your Skylines. Parts are not likely to get cheaper or easier to find the older these cars become.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Cheers for the heads up, especially when I look at the state of mine, are you still able to get all the plastic clips and grommets, fibre washers, window seals, things like that, or have they already been discontinued.

Regards Kev.

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kev,

We can still get much of the exterior trim currently - but that's not to say we will be able to for a lot longer. Production for Nissan has stopped for much BNR32 stuff, so once stock is depleted new replacements won't be made any more. For example, we found last week that grey tint quarter window glass assemblies are no longer available, only Bronze.

I am told Nissan UK won't sell parts for 32's any more as their line is to say they're discontinued, which to a point is true. Once the last of it is gone here in Japan, it'll be much harder to get, if not impossible - and a lot more expensive too.

I've seen it happen already with much Corolla AE86 stuff for my own ('86 year) car.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I have seen this happen as well with my some parts for my 1990 Honda Accord and 1994 Honda Civic.. :(

·
Registered
26,786 Posts
Just to add, even some of the well known tuners are discontinuing some parts for GT-R (rb series)

or they are only making items on limited numbers/set batches.

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Looking after the community, Good Guys :thumbsup:

Hope your prices won't rise too much also!
As with any supplier, prices charged are a percentage of cost - but that's why I wrote the post, to warn people prices are headed upward (from Nissan especially) so they have a chance to buy before Nissan discontinues or puts prices higher and other suppliers stop producing. Over the years Nissan prices have crept up but recently especially BNR32 parts have gone up a lot from them. The front lip spoiler is one example. That's doubled in price. Obviously we cannot supply the front lip now for the same price as we did 2 years ago.

No doubt a rarity of original parts will make original cars that are impeccable all the more costly to buy, etc. There was never any doubt R32's are going to go up in price. I started warning of this 5 years ago.

You only need see other similar classics like E30 M3's, Cosworths, etc. to see the same patterns, which go hand-in-hand with rising parts prices / rarity of parts.
I have a 32 I'm storing away for myself which is getting attention earlier rather than later for the same reasons.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Don't think Nissan will see a big enough growth in 32 part spares even with US eligibility, such a niche market outside of Japan and some of europe, coupled with the majority of the world asking for more efficiency, and novel power train ideas, a 25+ year old design is going to be one for the collectors or enthusiasts, sadly we are the minority.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
With the amount of GTR's being broken I can't see spares being in short supply for years to come.

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You only need to look at cost of parts for Hakosuka GT-R's to see where it's headed for R32's. Many of them have been broken in Japan already but used things like trim are often not in good condition anyway (Which is why some people replace them with new). You now cannot get demister vents any more from Nissan for example. Try pulling a used one off a dash and it often comes off in brittle little pieces having suffered UV exposure for 20-25 years.

We'll also see less and less 32's being broken as values of these cars continue to increase. My post is just a heads up so people are aware, but parts always get more expensive and rarer as cars age.

For comparison - Take a look at original Porsche 911 parts prices from franchised dealers now compared to 10 years ago...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts