GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a good idea on how to get parts for an R32 to the States?

Motorex is very helpfull, but a little too expensive for parts.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I reckon

that you could just buy 'em, either from the UK or Japan, ship 'em over and pay the duty (if any) .... especially if 2nd hand.

That's what we've done with Japan and here for ages.

Then it's one of the garages (Abbey, Middlehurst, Gary, Shin, etc)

Cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
Robb said:

Ahhh, another chap from the US! Got any pics of your beast?:)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input, I was hoping to get a whole parts car even if it was cut in half.

Nightmare, send me your e-mail and I will send you some pictures of my R32.

Is this a great site or what?!?:D

Cheers,
Robb

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey guys how hard was it to get your cars over here to the states. What was the process you had to go through. I was thinking about trying to get one but i didn't know how involved it was.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Motorex is the only company that can get one legalized in the States. If you find another way, let me know.

follow the link Nightmare posted for more info.:)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi Robb,

My friend have a R32 GTR that is cut in half that he wants to sell, it is a complete car but cutted in half. The car is in Thailand. I don't know how much shipping would be, but it might worth looking into if he would sell it cheap.

Let me know, I can contact him for you.
Jeff

·
Registered
404 Posts
Pomb by Mung Thai.

Robb,

I suppose I could send you some parts from Germany using my APO this is a military postal service at normal States side rates.

I’m flying to Thailand on Sunday Dec 16 for a month I also speak Thai. :rolleyes: If you can find out where in Thailand the R32 is I might be able to check it out for you and even negotiate shipment for you (my wife is a forwarder for a shipping company) Also I may be going to Portland, Oregon, in Feb 02, That’s close to Seattle, isn’t it :confused:

Regards Paul.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Robb,

Yes I will email my friend in Thailand right now to see how much he would sell his R32 GTR for. I just realized I have picture of his R32 GTR, I will send them to you when I get home tonight.

Paul,

That R32 GTR I mention is in Bangkok.

Jeff

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thai GTR.

Jeff,

Bangkok’s fine I’ll be staying mostly in Summat-bakgan (spelt something like that) that’s southern Bangkok near the Crocodile Farm.

Paul.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Paul,

I just email Robb the info of my friend's R32. I guess he will let you know if he wants you to go look at it or not. I have some good pictures of the car that I sent to Robb already.

Jeff

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Paul, that is a very generous offer. Thank you.

If you have the time while you are there i would be interested.

The pictures of the car look pretty rough. But might still be worth looking at if the price can be lowered some.

Portland is 3 hour drive from Seattle.(?) Not bad realy.

Will you have e- mail in Thia land?

cheers,
Robb

·
Registered
404 Posts
Bangkok skyline

Robb,

You can email me at [email protected] I will be checking my mail at least twice a week.

I hope we can meet up if I go to Portland in Feb, I may end up going somewhere else instead and one of my colleagues go in my place. :(

Paul.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds good, I hope I get to come over to the States in Feb.
I would be glad to meet up with you.

If you want, I can e-mail the pictures of the Thai R32 to you.
Let me know.

Thanks,
Robb

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thai R32

Robb,

You can just email me the details of the POC and where in Bangkok it is, and if the current owner doesn't mind me checking it out for you.

I'll email you back how I get on.

Paul.

·
Registered
404 Posts
BKK Skyline

Robb,

I'm now in Bangkok ;)

Look forward to hearing from you.

Paul.

N

·
0 Posts
Robb said:

I can get whatever parts you need. Consider yourself luck because I am in the military in Japan, so I don't need to hassle with international shipping. Let me know what you need, and I'll give you a quote. It will be much cheaper than going through motorex or buying direct from japan. Let me know what you need.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts