GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently stage 2 but want to go 4.25 to keep things interesting for a while longer. Anyone have an idea the time/cost to fit 1050injectors, linney intakes and downpipes??? I've heard the downpipes can be a pain. The car is a 2009 too so probably not too forgiving underneath either!

Thanks, Dean

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
bank on a good 4 hrs for the downpipes and a couple for the injectors
Thats on a ramp and you will need a decent tool selection, personally after way too many bruised knuckles and lumps out of my head I now prefer to remove both props, y pipe, bellhousing mount and drop the rear odf the subframe as far as you can supporting on a trans jack etc, the stock DP's leave very little room to get to the 14mm nuts, you will prob do 2 on each by almost feel alone, they can be phenomenally tight to break away and most 3/8 extensions twist up like a torsion bar, you will need hi quality universal hex 14mm socket, round one off and thats your lot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
As the others say intake and injectors are a doddle. Downpipes anything can happen broken stud-studs stripped threads from removing the pinch nuts. Sometimes you need a bit of luck. Make sure to saturate the dp studs well in advance before attempting to remove the nuts. I found six were quite easy to get at and four a little more awkward.
Good luck who ever is doing the work.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
As the others say intake and injectors are a doddle. Downpipes anything can happen broken stud-studs stripped threads from removing the pinch nuts. Sometimes you need a bit of luck. Make sure to saturate the dp studs well in advance before attempting to remove the nuts. I found six were quite easy to get at and four a little more awkward.
Good luck who ever is doing the work.
Amen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts