GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Canada, so obviously with skylines not being originally sold here there just isn't the availability of parts like in the UK or Japan. I had a local importation place find me an auction grade 4 R32-GTR, with less than 50 thousand KM's on it, no rust, one owner, no mods, unmolested, etc, so I know the car is going to be in great shape when it gets here, but I'm scared about the long drive we're going to be taking it on. A 4500 kilometer swing to go down through Seattle, San Francisco, and Las Vegas is planned for next June (My car is legal for importation and arrives off the container ship in May) and I plan on taking my GTR. Are there any parts I should think about trying to get before even going on this trip? Axles? A spare clutch? Driveshafts? Anything like that?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'd get the car checked out, if it's 100% sound then forget buying spare parts just spend the money on a good quality breakdown/recovery membership.

·
Registered
663 Posts
if you are not driving at stupid speed and taking it easy it should be ok but before u go is best to give it a top service and a very good check over on everything and it should be ok.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Take octane booster you may have problems getting the correct fuel on the way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts