GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have a r32GTR.

Yesterday i put on my new adjustable arms and also removed hicas with a hicas lockbar. Ive also added 5mm spacers to get the wheels near the arches. I really like the look of it now. But, the passenger side does rubb when cornering and driving in bumps. So ive checked the car and the left rear wheel sticks out more than the right one.

Can this be due to the excentric camber bolts is still there?

Ive had the car aligned btw and nothing changed :)

Any ideas why?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Its funny you should say this.
There are a hell of a lot of both skylines and the 200sx's with much the same problem.

It only becomes apparent when wider wheels etc are fitted which come very close to the arch. I know my 33 is definitely 5mm or so wider on the passenger side, both front and back.

Everything has been measured body, suspension and subframe wise and it is all fine.

Its almost as if when they were built, the bodies were slightly off centre. Doesn't affect the way the car drives, more of a cosmetic oversight!!

Most people wont notice, especially if they have had arch work in the past, either repairs, or arch rolling.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its funny you should say this.
There are a hell of a lot of both skylines and the 200sx's with much the same problem.

It only becomes apparent when wider wheels etc are fitted which come very close to the arch. I know my 33 is definitely 5mm or so wider on the passenger side, both front and back.

Everything has been measured body, suspension and subframe wise and it is all fine.

Its almost as if when they were built, the bodies were slightly off centre. Doesn't affect the way the car drives, more of a cosmetic oversight!!

Most people wont notice, especially if they have had arch work in the past, either repairs, or arch rolling.
Ah i see, after som googling this seems quite common. But damn its so disturbing!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I don't think you will mate. It's an inherent problem I've seen on many. It's only accentuated once wide wheels and lower suspension bring the wheel and arch closer together.
If the car tracks up straight and drives alright, then all you can do aesthetically is get the arches flared to suit.

I've seen and heard of people putting odd sized spacers on....

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think you will mate. It's an inherent problem I've seen on many. It's only accentuated once wide wheels and lower suspension bring the wheel and arch closer together.
If the car tracks up straight and drives alright, then all you can do aesthetically is get the arches flared to suit.

I've seen and heard of people putting odd sized spacers on....
Good one, think i will try to flare the arches a bit!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.