GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I will be getting a stage 1 upgrade done at Litchfield's, travelling up from London so not really local to the area.
Was told it'd be between 4-5 hours work.

I know many on here have taken their GTRs for work done at Litchfield's.
Any ideas on how best to past the time?

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
They have WiFi and a decent waiting room if you don't want to go anywhere.

Or you can go into Cheltenham or Gloucester. They may have a car you can borrow or get a taxi. Cinema, restaurants and shopping all available.

Sadly the Gloucester strip club (crackers) shut down many years ago ?

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
If I was you I wouldn’t look at there website on there upgrades section or parts as it could get to be a very expensive visit ??

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
If you're anything like me, I can spend hours watching what's going on around the very busy site with all the comings and goings of various motors in and out of the workshops, the dyno will more than likely be running which has a spectators viewing area, the very nice waiting room has plenty of comfy settees and chairs plus the mechs there build the engines in the next room so you can see those being built.
Neil will probably be in and out keeping you up to date on your motors progress, my missus and my dog come with me so i walk her several times during the 4-5-8 hour wait (the dog that is:p not the missus) or as gtr mart sais, pop down into town, huge and lots of shops, restaurants etc, borrow the very decent, high tech, super fast and reliable courtesy car (you'll want one after you drive it!!)(y)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Gloucester cathedral and docks are pretty much the pick of things to see in Gloucester.
Cheltenham is much prettier if you fancy just wandering around or stopping for a coffee or lunch somewhere as well as nicer shopping.

There's a Concorde down at filton in a museum which is only about 40 mins from Litchfield which is a good place to spend a few hours, you just have to put up with seeing shoebox houses being built on one of the countries most historic airfields as you walk between hangers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cheltenham is nice to wander round and grab some lunch , and is much friendlier on your wallet than looking at all the upgrade possibilities and goodies available ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts