GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Just found this on facebook is anyone from here going? I would like to go but don't want to park in a field:bawling:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I had a look at the event on Facebook last night and it has 45,000+ people invited and 13,000+ down as "going", so if the weather holds up should be huge!

Not sure what parking will be?! Plus think in the event somewhere it said no stands are allowed - as they do not want any segregation. They suggest you drive up/convoy and come in together and therefore will park together.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
If it rains or the grass is wet be prepared for it to turn into a mud bath of epic proportions!

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Yes a fancy a crack at a run on the strip but like you say the chances of getting anywhere near it fighting past sup'd up "Really fast" saxos are probably pretty slim!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Convoy anyone?? Could all meet up close to the pod n roll in together
I only live about 10 miles from the pod but i'll be happy to meet up with everyone, maybe ludders knows a way of keeping us off the grass :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Considering Paul walker was all about skylines in the films surely you could put it them that maybe cars from the films, skylines, supra's, evos and so on should get the hard standing,
just a thought ;)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
London/South Convoy-Paul Walker Tribute Day Santa Pod Saturday 18th Jan

So who's going from London/South area?

Meet up somewhere like Ace Cafe?

All the tickets are sold out but 1000 are supposed to go on sale tomorrow midday - £4 per ticket - per person according to the Facebook page

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'd be interested in going from the Portsmouth area, but the muddy field puts me off a little. Plus as other guys have said a chavfest of saxos and corsas doesn't really float my boat.
Does anyone know where the money for tickets is going? charity/family??
if its just someone trying to cash in on a death then i'm definitely out!

·
Registered
257 Posts
All have the tickets have completely sold out now and i'm unsure if anymore will be going on sale. I managed to get a ticket for me and my Mrs but others are now trying to source them and failing. All the money raised from the tickets are going to Paul's charity and are not lining others pockets according to their facebook site.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh well, I left it to late because I didn't want to park in a field:bawling:
If anyone has a spear ticket let me know:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.