GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Silverstone GP 4th Trackday organised by the GT-R Drivers Club in Association with Litchfield's​

This is the third GTRDC trackday at Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit on the 19th November in association with Litchfield's. We will be running this event from the F1 Wing paddock and pits from dedicated GTR Drivers Club garages. All makes of car are welcome, not just GT-R's

Iain Litchfield and his team will be on hand to assist in mechanical and technical issues and obviously for a chat regarding your cars and their state of tune etc.

Jake Hill, the BTCC driver and official GT-R instructor will be on hand for either 30 minute or 60 minute sessions of instruction in your own cars.

Initially we have reserved 15 places for the GT-R Drivers Club with Silverstone, so please get your names down ASAP as that is the maximum allocation we can get at this very popular event at the peak time of the year.

For all the Silverstone Trackdays, payment will be required at least a two weeks before. Payment will be made directly to the GTRDC through their website www.gtrdc.co.uk and via a secure bank transfer. The price will be at a special rate of £272.00 for members and £273.00 for non members. As first year membership is only £10.00 and you don't actually have to own a GT-R, it makes sense to join first and still save more than if you were a non-member! The rate if bought direct from Silverstone is £290.00, so a great saving of £18.00 for members including a breakfast voucher for all drivers.

All joining instructions will be sent at least 5 working days before the event.

Please add your names below or just post up you are coming and I will update the list.

1. Papa Smurf
2. jds123
3. AKS
4. alexmallia

Jake Hill Instruction (times may vary according to conditions) £50.00 for 30 minutes or £90.00 for two 30 minute slots or one 60 minute slot.

09.20 - 09.50
09.55 - 10.25
10.30 - 11.00 AKS
11.05 - 11.35 jds123
11.40 - 12.10
12.15 - 12.45
12.45 - 13.30 Jake's sleeping and eating time
13.30 - 14.00
14.05 - 14.35
14.40 - 15.10
15.15 - 15.45
15.50 - 16.20
16.25 - 16.55

This is going to be a fun and engaging trackday. All cars welcome but please be aware that there is a 102db drive past sound limit. This is one of the highest in the UK but just occasionally we breach it and I have to take the public flogging to keep you on circuit.

John Miskin and Iain Litchfield

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
I tried to copy and paste to add myself but not listing properly. Please put myself down and also for tuition 10:30-11 and 13:30-2

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes we have availability. Please sign into the gtrdc website via the link and join as a member for £10 and post again when you have done that and I will add you onto the list.

Look forward to meeting you.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This has had a particularly low turnout with only three drivers committing apart from myself for this event.

I appreciate that it is the 'downtime' for a lot of owners of GT-R's and similar performance cars and also understand the current economic situation that we are all facing.

If I don't get 10 drivers confirmed by next Thursday 8th November, I will have to withdraw our entries for the 19th November and concentrate on the December 'Social' and trackday on the 15/16th December where we will have a venue for the Saturday evening and a cheaper trackday on the Sunday.

Sorry about this, but I am under pressure to release the slots before the end of next week.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have had to cancel this event as Silverstone have a minimum quantity of 10 drivers for a Club deal.

This does not stop you booking direct at the normal prices.

This was the first time that we have tried participating in a November trackday since 2011, and we had a similar issue then with very few people wishing to put their names down.

Therefore I am now focusing on our Christmas trackday and the special Festive Social the evening before. Therefore, please reserve the dates in your diaries for 15th December evening and 16th December for the Silverstone GP trackday. This is always well attended and the social details will be released this week.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CANCELLED​

I have emailed everyone that had booked explaining that they can book direct as individuals rather than club members as we need a minimum of 10 drivers to get sensible terms.

The 15/16th December Christmas Social and trackday is 100% firm and details of that will be out later this week.

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
We have had to cancel this event as Silverstone have a minimum quantity of 10 drivers for a Club deal.

This does not stop you booking direct at the normal prices.

This was the first time that we have tried participating in a November trackday since 2011, and we had a similar issue then with very few people wishing to put their names down.

Therefore I am now focusing on our Christmas trackday and the special Festive Social the evening before. Therefore, please reserve the dates in your diaries for 15th December evening and 16th December for the Silverstone GP trackday. This is always well attended and the social details will be released this week.
It's a pity this had to be cancelled but we look forward to attending the Christmas social and track day.

John, I guess we will be staying at The Green Man so I'll get that booked before prices spiral.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts