GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with Perfect Touch trying to overcharge?

Reason I ask...

They have hard wired a HKS f-con v pro into my car, before they done the work Claudio told me it would be 6 hours labour... the works now done and I got handed over a bill with 31 hours labour:mad: His reason was 'there was more work involved' wtf?? Should they not inform their customer before hand?

I'm trying to work this out with them but I just think it's bang out of order to say i'll charge you £300+vat then bill someone £1500+

Needless to say i'm pi**ed.

:mad:

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Maybe with MR2s its different but you can buy a loom to fit an Fcon to an rb26 loom for under £200 . Apart from wiring in the mapping sensors as I understand it thats all you need - the loom just "plugs in and plays" Hardwiring would obviously take a lot longer

Your post isnt clear whats included - who supplied the Fcon and did that include mapping ?
mapping an F con does cost a fair bit more than say a power fc and of course you do then need someone with the HKS dongle to map it

Of course as I said MR2 could be different..........

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Based on what you say in the first post I think that thats bang out of order as far as I'm concerned. That aside you still have to be clear on what was said.
IF you were told "it'll be 6 hours labour" then you should pay for 6 as, in my book, thats tantamount to a fixed quote. However, if you were told "it'll be around 6 hours labour" then theres obviously more scope here. Clearly going from 6 to 31 is a complete piss-take and you should maintain a hard stance on this.
I'd be interested to hear what Citizens Advice have to say on this as its a grey area. Might be worth seeking advice from them on this in the first instance while at the same time, trying to find a commonly acceptable solution with PT. IMHO though I think you have been taken advantage of here (again, based on the details you have given) and have a good case for not paying any more than what was quoted.

TT

·
Registered
706 Posts
assuming you supplied the hks fcon that does sound somewhat pricey!

on a side note may i advise you take it to [email protected] or pacific works for mr2 work mate...ive got a rev1 tubby and luke at pw is really good + he is really really good value for money! and a lot of the mr2 boys like ryans mapping! just some food for thought next time.

·
Registered
656 Posts
done the same to me, said one price tried to charge another, i towed my car out of there, didnt pay, 2 can play that game....

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
dont get me started on PT.... avoid. towing the car away, i like your style.:D

kev

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.