GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one know the address for perfect touch ,i gotta go there and cant get on the website to find it.thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
ive used them a few times, they have always given a great service,see a lot of post about people saying dont use them but they never say why

·
Registered
643 Posts
ive used them a few times, they have always given a great service,see a lot of post about people saying dont use them but they never say why
Because there's more politics in skyline tuning than any other marque I've ever encountered :chuckle:

I've owned about 15 different cars over the past 5/6 years, PT have looked after nearly all of them and never had a problem :)

Every tuner at some point is going to have a few unhappy customers.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
likewise always have been good with me pre and post tweenierob

All my cars go there

R

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you have doubts then go a few miles down the road to TR Racing in Harlow,- they have never had a bad word spoken against them and I have used both!!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
If you have doubts then go a few miles down the road to TR Racing in Harlow,- they have never had a bad word spoken against them and I have used both!!
+1 :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
I've heard bad stories about both

It's not fair to only judge a company on how loudly people shout about it

mook

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Because that's what fanboys do. They go round trolling the internet spreading chinese whispers without knowing all the facts. Ergo, all their fellow fanboys are saying it, therefore it must be true.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I've been to 5 or 6 "gtr" tuners

My personal experiance on PT has been very good

that's all I can say

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
you can really only go on recommendation though which i have in the past but have been disapointed, with 2x companies on this forum both have had glowing references but i feel they are not deserved. Being in the motor trade may sway my judgement and also being a perfectionist does not help either lol

but word of mouth is a powerful advertising media if someone is not happy and feel others should know then that is fair enough but it has to be from really their own experience not second hand

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
In 12 years of GTR ownership, (My R33 GTR) I think I have tried about everybody out there, new and long established. All I can say from my own experience is that different "tuners" / “engine builders” have different skills!

I had my engine built by one, my tuning done by another and the car set up for the track by another. It’s a bit like trying to find the car with and that does everything you want, it doesn’t exist so you have to compromise and each and every experience is a learning curve as something for one might not be something for another. Also, a lot depends on customer service and personal interaction. I know of some who have appalling customer service skills but can built a bloody great engine!!!!

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
Like I say, I've heard bad stories about every tuner, and made my choices based upon the good stories

I didn't listen to fan boys singing a garages praise from the rooftops and I'm glad I didn't

I chose my tuner based up recommendation, his results and his personality

I would be heartbroken if I'd followed the herd, only for the herd to have moved into another field without telling me

mook

1 - 20 of 28 Posts