GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why don't we collate some of the knowledge gained from the Dyno day rolling road information in to some sort of tabulated form that will be useful to others wanting to tune up their cars.

It is my understanding that most readers posting here are trying to get the best possible performance out of their cars.

The details that are most likely to be of interest are not only max power @ RPM and max torque @ RPM but also what torque was produced at the lower rev range, e.g. 2000, 3000, 4000.

If we were able to agree a standard format and also include some details of the turbos, cams and ECU with a comment line to say " still hoping for more power as ECU is not yet set up ", or whatever, I think we will all be helping the cause. The tuners name would be a help and the dyno type would also allow posts from overseas to be added with hopefully some conversion figures to equalise the differences between dynos.

Joss could we set up a section with an organised format and an input screen with some sort of verification feature like the dyno sheet so that rubbish is not posted?

The table might look like the one below with a link to the members details where a more complete set of specs could be included if it were available:- intercooler, cam timing, ignition timing head gasket thickness, exhaust etc. with links to dyno sheets.

T*= torque

Max Power Max Torque [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Turbos Cams ECU Injectors Tuner Dyno Best 1/4

[email protected] 6650 [email protected] 5830 320 200 140 HKS 2530 HKS step 1 Fcon-V 550 cc None Maha 11.6

Comments ECU not set up still more power available when ECU tuned especially with bigger injectors.

·
Registered
212 Posts
dyno sheet

Hi Hugh
Seems like a fair request to me. I have three sheets from Friday, one at actuator-boost (0.7), one at 1.2~1.3 and one at 1.4. The car is over-fuelling a bit but I guess thats better than the other way around. Tell me your fax no and I will whizz them up to you, or alternatively I will have a go at e-mail. Being a bit of a dinosaur, this may be more hassle than it sounds however. Tim

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tim's any other dyno sheet

Tim / anyone else

My FAX is a bit dicky just now, my E-Mail is [email protected].

Send your sheets as an attachment and I will pull the details together.

I should have also added boost level to the list above.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a dinosaur after all

Hi Tim,

Who's a clever boy with a scanner after all, three dyno sheets arrived in good order.

I will annotate them a little to show the readings at 2000, 3000 and 4000 and take it from there.

Hugh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.