GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried these and got any feedback on fitting and/or performance? I am on 400mm Alcons at the moment that will need replacing shortly and a few people have suggested I go for PF. Never seen any comments from anyone with anything bigger tham 400mm.

The PF discs can apparently be fitted with OEM caliper using OEM bolts and some spacers, as with the Alcons.

My car is pretty much used for track only.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do a search. Nurburgrigng gtr used them and did a report on them
Thanks mate found it by looking at the threads he'd started. Very informative as my existing set up is identical to what he compared PF setup with. Thread also includes a write up on Toyo R888s which is helpful as I've got a set of these to put on as well.

Think the PF brake setup will definitely be the next one I go for.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hugoboy, Could you post a link to the thread? I would be interested in reading up about the discs.

Are the spacers off the shelf? if so where will i buy them and the discs from?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are the spacers off the shelf? if so where will i buy them and the discs from?
Coordsport supply the discs with the caliper spacers and you use the OEM bolts - check their website. If you PM Wouter he might do you a deal.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Im sure ive seen a recent write up that updates the PF discs story and questions their ability to take long term track punishment? Im sure John will be along to put you straight.

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
It has taken me a while to come across this thread but yes, I have tried most varieties of disc and pads that are available for the GT-R apart from the ceramic kit.

The PF set up is great with their Carbon metallic 08 pads for most usage and hard track use. However, I did find that under extreme use the pads were almost too aggressive for the discs and resulted in too much wear on the discs and the inevitable cracking on both the front and the rear.

I am now trying the 2014 Alcon Superkit as the attached report shows. Any questions just ask.

Alcon Superkit Test

John Miskin

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. Discs and pads have arrived and will be fitted when I have time. Thanks to Wouter / Coordsport for a top service.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Odered mine yesterday arrived this morning - just wanted to say what great service from these guys - hmmmm now which pads do i go for :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.