1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hi,

I have PF brakes on my car...
Front discs and all pads...
Honestly, I would not reccomend this...
They brake really well, but they behave strange...
Brake juddering is appearing after harder braking...
They were convincing me that this is normal, but I don't believe this...
My next set will not be PF for sure...
I'll probably go to AP discs and Carbotech XP8 pr XP10 combo...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Had performance friction front pads on my 400mm Alcon Slotted discs. They did bite well when warm but the PF pads produced loads of dust that seems to of welded itself to my newly refurbed wheels.

Switched to brembo pads on litchfields advice and they seem very good.

The PF pads are also noisy and squeel around town driving (squeel goes away after a more spirited drive with brakes getting warm).

The most worrying thing is when litchfield removed the Performance Friction pads the corners seemed to have crumbled away. I only ever use my car on the road and its never seen a trackday so maybe they werent getting warm enough.

·
Registered
318 Posts
^ Neil, which compound were you using? 01 or 08?
Not sure i bought the car with them already fitted but they cost £375+vat i think as there is a reciept in with my paperwork at home.

Litchfield showed me the pad and it basically crumbled in there hand :eek:

The dust seems corrosive as its taken 5 passes with bilburry wheel cleaner to even make a dent on the stubborn stuff.

I run Cosworth Streetmaster on the back and absolutely no squeel or dust. I was going to put the CS streetmaster on the front as well but they were out of stock so went with Brembo.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The PFC compounds are motorsport compounds and do require more cleaning, that's for sure. The Cosworth pads are street pads and if you rarely / not go to tracks with your car, the standard Brembo's or Cosworths are fine indeed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts