GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dino,

I know Shin has the AP/Endless kits but I was at one of Performance Frictions agents the other day and was reminded how good they are (used instead of the original brembo on their Porsche GT1).
The main advantage to PF is you only need to replace the rotor and pads should be a little cheaper and lot easier than the AP/Movit type kits plus I know how very effective they are.

Paul.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
PFC

Hi,

Mine's AP kit uses PFC brake pads.
And I have been using PFC brake pads for years.
I've never used Endless pads for my car, but it was very good as well on some cars that I have tried.

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Don't do it!

Paul,

The PF c/m pads that come with the AP 6 pot kit are at best barely acceptable for 'fast' road use but are woefully inadequate for track use. When I fitted my AP kit I, against better advice, used the PF pads on a track day and ended up with pad deposits all over the discs and one of them was warped. AP kindly agreed to clean them up for me and in fact actually provided a new pair of discs completely FOC. AP are the nuts imo.

Since then I've used nothing but DS2500s and the discs are still running true and strong. I've been through 3 sets of 2500s in less than a year typically lasting a couple of track days along with the road use in between.

I can assure you that you will regret fitting the PF c/m pads.

Peter.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Peter,

My original Experience with PF pads was not a good one at first either.

I had a 1984 Ferrari 308 GTB the original Brembo’s really sucked I’d tried several different pads none of which really made a significant improvement in fact I remember the PF Carbon/Metallic caused some major vibration with the original rotors (that’s where I’m at with DS 2500’s).

I friend with a Ferrari F355 GTB was boasting how great his new PF brakes where, he had PF pads and new PF rotors fitted and he was right they are incredible. I had the same setup fitted to my car and it the transformed the stopping (even the hand brake worked ;) ).
I never changed the pads again for 2 years (about 8000miles) and that included many ‘ring’ trips plus track days.

I’d like to try the same setup in the Skyline as the brakes have always been an issue with the car.

One major difference though is the Ferrari has the same brakes front a rear so I’d like to try just the front rotors first then the rears.

Paul.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Paul,

Perhaps the PF pads (assuming they are the carbon metallic compound) suit the PF discs better...? I had a lot of grief getting to where I am now, i.e. very happy with my set up. I found experimentation a painful and costly business with track days cut short, etc. etc. I can't recommend the AP kit and 2500s highly enough.

Peter.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
DS2500

Another vote for DS2500's... Running them with my 6pots, and wouldn't use the PF pads with the AP's - heard nothing but hassle about it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts