6,129 Posts
What a blinding set of pictures...skyline in full flight.....awesome :D

Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Hi Cem,

Thanks again for Friday.... :) Not wishing to be discourteous to the host (SIDC), we had a smile when we arrived in the car park for the noise test. A few other cars had arrived already; when the marshall came over to us, he said, "ah, a proper car at last"!

I just had a look at your own site and wondered what prompted you to put up "Skylines on a wet circuit are a scary thing"? Wet circuits are what the Skyline loves and part of what they're all about! Sure you can make the back end to step out of line but, as in the dry, it's all pretty progressive and predictable stuff albeit a little quicker and easier to provoke. We were hitting 140 before braking for the kink after the 1km straight, aquaplaning at 120+ down the straight before the pits, fantastic stuff! Can't wait for the next one...

Here's a picture to frighten Glen..... It was sparklingly clean Friday morning!

Peter.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Hi Dino,

They were! Pleased to say that Friday was my first track day ever without some sort of brake problem, they performed really well with the DS2500 pads. One of the instructors came out with me on one session to help me with some of the lines, etc. I remember when braking fairly hard from about 140, his comment was, "whoa, like the brakes".

It was interesting to see how much of the disc was worn away during the day. The unwiped margin by the bell mount was flush at the start of the day but had a lip of around 0.5mm at the end. APs rock....

Peter.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
DS 2500...Oh YES!

Peter those pads are way forward!

Good to see you having a clean track day (brake wise).

Have you upgraded the rear pads? I have the DS2000 on mine!

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Ian,

Yes, I put DS2000s in about 18 months ago now and there's still loads left on them. As I posted before, I don't think they work hard enough.

BTW, the Motul RBF held up well, no problems thanks Gary!

Peter.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Cheers Peter,

Thanks again for putting up with me for the day.

I have to say that the track, setup, and facilities were excellent I will be attending the next day there with my car !!

I just look forward to hacking down that back straight in the dry !! 140 in the wet was a great feeling.

There was a good feeling at this event as well which was prdominantly a scooby affair. I witnessed nobody going on about how there car is better than this one etc..

Although a few people needed to be put straight about the fact that a skyline does not in fact drive itself and will sort itself out from practically any idiotic input from the driver.

This seems to be a very popular misconception (or am just really crap ? )

Thanks again for the great day.

Steve

·
Registered
178 Posts
The corporate event I took some customers too was good too.. The best quote of the day came from the instructors:-

Drive it like you stole it!
And we did....

How's the circuit? Looked good for Skylines.

DC

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have to say that I only EVER do SIDC trackdays, they are simply in a league of their own. Not only are the drivers experienced, but they are also of the most social about.

Glad you both enjoyed it.

Cem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts