GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to the guy in my local shell garage today and he said they are using a new RON super unleaded it is higher than their previous fuel and comes in at over 98 RON. Don't know if this is really any better than their old stuff.

Anyway my question is on this track day there was mention of suppliers having a van up there to sell bits. I'll be needing some octane booster for running on the track and was wondering if there is going to be a supplier up there or do we bring it up with us ?

another thing is if I am bringing it with me what is the average amount of tankfulls of fuel that are completed on these days.
(so I can guage how much to bring)

I have never really driven hard for a whole tank ful so I am on guessing that I'll get about 100 miles out of a tankfull so it is difficult to work out having never done this kind of thing before...

I know that everyone will be different but without going too mad what kind of amounts are we talking about ?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
547 Posts
MPG

I get <10mpg on a track day ... so figure you use 50 litres or 11 gallons ... so 100 miles would be about the limit :)

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
OB.

Steve,

Never heard from Millers so there won't be anybody there selling the stuff.

I buy my OB in bulk so if you want me to bring a few bottles along, let me know.

As Joss said, you'll get less than 10 mpg and probably nearer 6 or 7. :eek: One of the 'advantages' of owning a Skyline....

Peter.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
SteveC.....regarding the Shell fuel. I recently returned from Italy where Shell have just released a 99 octane fuel called "VX Power"...maybe thats the stuff the guy was on about??

·
Registered
404 Posts
Fuel

We've had Shell 99 octane Optimax here in Germany for a year now. :)

And boy does Godzilla love that stuff :D when I can afford it. :(

This gas not only has extra octane but also has solvents that ‘clean the engine as you drive’. :)

One things for sure is you can notice the difference almost straight away from the 98 octane Esso Super Plus. :smokin:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
optimax

The guy called it optimax I thought he said optimex.
That is excellent so if we use an octane booster with that we should be running arount the 100 mark !!:smokin:

Apparently they have had it for the last few weeks but I had the stage one conversion carried out about that time so I wouldn't have noticed, and I have never tried the esso one.

/Steve

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Optimax.

Steve,

Seems that Shell are launching it nationwide in the next week or so and is rated at 98.1 octane. :)

Peter.

·
Registered
997 Posts
FUEL

Hi,
I managed 64mpt once at Bruntingthorpe,yes,64miles per tank!

Henry.:D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1100 cc injectors

So when you upgrade to 1100 cc injectors the other mod will be fitting the tow hook for the fuel tanker !!

6.6 litres a minute :smokin: 1.4 gpm (gallons per minute)
so what would that be with the standard fuel tank ? a range of about 7 minutes.

On a theoretical constant full throttle

hehehehe

/Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts