GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collected my new white MY13 yesterday.Drove it a mile from the dealer (Lightcliffe)to the shell garage to fill up.Well opened the cap and the petrol spourted out over me and down the rear quarter of the car :confused: :mad:

Has anyone had this happen to them before and any idea why it happend??Also i now have a brown,yellow stain on the paint work :mad: which wont wash off.What polish do you guys recommend to remove this stain???

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I've found that zaino AIO is good at getting rid of the yellow stain.

Probably happened due to some kind of pressure build up due to the heat?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've found that zaino AIO is good at getting rid of the yellow stain.

Probably happened due to some kind of pressure build up due to the heat?
Thanks for that,i give it a try,where's the best place to get it from?I did think that as when i turned up to collect the car it was full in the sun and no idea how long it had been sitting there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Shrimpy,
Had the same problem with the stain when the wife filled it up and spilt some down the side (Tesco 99). Tried various items to get rid of it with no luck but over time it disappeared all on its own but did take while.

Dougie.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
That's annoying,

be careful after hard driving if you open the fuel cap it does tend to spurt out............

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shrimpy,
Had the same problem with the stain when the wife filled it up and spilt some down the side (Tesco 99). Tried various items to get rid of it with no luck but over time it disappeared all on its own but did take while.

Dougie.
Cheers dougie,it just looks bloody ugly on white paint,espically as the car is only 1 day old with 310 miles.

stephen

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Thanks for that,i give it a try,where's the best place to get it from?I did think that as when i turned up to collect the car it was full in the sun and no idea how long it had been sitting there.
I get my detailing stuff from here Zaino - Show Car Polish - Clean Your Car

It's not a cheap product but it last ages and I like to do the whole car in it to cleanse the paint after a full clay bar treatment before a good polish and wax. A and there is the added bonus that it's good at getting rid of the petrol stain.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Had exactly the same here shrimpy. Spewed out when I took cap off for fuel after a long drive in Europe. When you've had a spirited drive or driven in hot weather, be sure to crack the cap and let the pressure out first before removing. Had to have it mopped by a detailing company to get it out.

Next Bristol Meet (Date revised to 22nd June) http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/261905-bristol-surrounding-area-sunday-22nd-june-2014-a.html

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I've never had that and I've filled it up twice a week over the last 18 months.

Just wondering if you guys top it up when there's still quite a bit left in the tank? I always run mine down to nearly empty on the gauge, there's still 3 gallons in the tank then. Even when the range read-out goes to *** there's 2 gallons left.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If you read the hand book it tells you that the tank is filled up on the 1st click of the petrol pump any more you squeeze in will over flow when it pressurizes.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Dare I say anything about BATH TUB white cars

1 - 11 of 11 Posts