GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly what dos this part do?

Sure its on the tank breather pipe going to the carbon canistors in engine bay.

Also how has everyone re-piped the breather pipe in order to eliminate the carbon canisters in the engine bay.

cheers.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I put a small hose of 30 cm on the one way valve's outlet, instead off the long pipe to the front of the car and into the carbon canister. And it does it 's job alright ;)

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you put a pipe, no more than 6inches long, on the end of the 'one way valve' in the picture and you suffered no fuel leakage/vapours or dirt getting in and finding its way to the fuel tank!

Did you have to put the pipe upright or did you just clip it into place in its OEM position.

Hope this is true as it is going to save me a hell of alot of time, work and space .

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Hey Naz, i think Freakazoid is right, I think that is exactly what has been done to mine by TRRacing and it works o.k.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Just hang the pipe poiting down and you'll be ok. The one-way valve is just hanging there next to the fueltank on my car so it was pointing down anyways ;)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
unless you smoke, then there is a risk of fumes being ignited!!!! The vent is there as the tank is otherwise sealed, and due to ambiant temps, fuel and associated vapours will contract and expand. The carbon cannister is there to filter the fumes - otherwise if you have a pipe hanging out of your petrol tank, and some flames get near it - there is a potential for.... *BOOM*!!

well, flames at least!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts