GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was refitting my fuel tank today, after giving it a really good clean and getting the straps powder coated. Got the tank up into position on my trans jack. The problem came when I tried to refit the straps would they fit would they ****!!!
Can anyone tell me from
Memory if firstly do both the pivot parts on the straps fit at the back of the car? And also which strap goes on which side! I really can't believe I'm stumped by somthing that should be so simple!! Aaaargh!!!!
:D
Cheers for any help.
Bob

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Nigel. I thought so my problem is this one with the pivot, if yours is off or you can see it can you tell me if thishas maybe been swapped round (by my powder coater by mistake) it jus won't fit this way round!
Or if anyone else can help that would be ace!!!
It's the drives side that bolts up next to the rear bumper.

Cheers
;)
Bob

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
With the bracket on that way round doesnt it mean you have the bolt/nut rather close in to the tank ? I would have expected the bolt would go on the side opposite side of the strap away from the tank.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep your right! The powder coater must have nicked the pin out and put it back together the way he thought looked right! Just fixed it! :D
Phew!!!
Cheers both for your help much appreciated!
;)
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts