GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi i have the PFC PRO ECU and wanted to know the best way to source a hand controller for it .. i know that they are either matched or ECU specific..

any info would be great

beaker

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
you dont need a hand controller for a PFC PRO Hand Controller
I dont understand the question
Do you mean what is the correct hand controller for the pfc pro ecu ?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes thats the question lol fingers were working faster than brain have now ammended accordingly

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Ok Im 100% sure you must have a commander to suit the GTR PFC Full Stop
This is easier , and quicker ,....off Nenguns Site

Please note that there is an old type version Apexi Power fc for Nissan vehicles.
If you have this versoin the Hand Commander 415-X001 will not suit this model.
The H/C for the older version is 415-N001.

415-N001 Hand Commander Old version PFC Skyline - R33 GTS-t S2 - ECR33
Skyline - R33 GTS-t S1 - ECR33
Skyline - R33 GTR - BCNR33
Silvia - S14 S1
Silvia - S14 S2
Skyline - R34 GTT - ER34

415-X001 Hand Commander Skyline - R33 GTS-t S2 - ECR33
Skyline - R33 GTS-t S1 - ECR33
Skyline - R32 GTR - BNR32
Skyline - R33 GTR - BCNR33
Skyline - R34 GTR - BNR34

APEXi - Power FC - Hand Commander - Nengun Performance

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Thank you for the advice

how will i know if it is the Old versoion of the ecu or not ?

cheers

beaker

·
Registered
60 Posts
All of the PRO ecu's are old version I believe. If your ecu says PFC RB26 XXXX then it is old version. Mine reads PFC RB26 9607 with a seperate PRO sticker on it. I believe the 9607 is the year and month.

Now to the commander, you will need a commander that reads on the back FCC NTXXXX, mine reads FCC NT9605, and I believe the 415-N001 from nengun is correct. I get mine from a guy in the US who orders from Apexi for $300 usd.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Slightly OT but is the PFC PRO designed for use with MAF sensors, or is it a MAP based system?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
FC PRO is an awesome unit with a very very good launch control function....
I could run very consistant 1/4 times with mine, then got a d-jetro and discovered no launch control ....

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I could run very consistant 1/4 times with mine, then got a d-jetro and discovered no launch control ....
Glad I've got one then Glenn!!!
:chuckle:
bob

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
in my paperwork it says mine is a power fc pro where is the launch control function ? is a separate menu in the fc ?

·
Registered
418 Posts
in my paperwork it says mine is a power fc pro where is the launch control function ? is a separate menu in the fc ?
taken from Apexi PowerFC FAQ

There was a common assumption that a PFC with an "FC Pro" sticker on the case, meant it was a PowerFC Pro unit. THis is NOT correct. The "FC Pro" sticker identifies that you can use it with Apexi's Power Excel Software, nothing to do with the PowerFC Pro (spark cut and 0km launch control model). I have no other information on how to verifiy if its a true legit FC Pro unit other than starting the car up and checking ETC, VERSION before buying.

and some info here aswell :) http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/90349-power-fc-pro-identification-help-3.html

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
taken from Apexi PowerFC FAQ

There was a common assumption that a PFC with an "FC Pro" sticker on the case, meant it was a PowerFC Pro unit. THis is NOT correct. The "FC Pro" sticker identifies that you can use it with Apexi's Power Excel Software, nothing to do with the PowerFC Pro (spark cut and 0km launch control model). I have no other information on how to verifiy if its a true legit FC Pro unit other than starting the car up and checking ETC, VERSION before buying.

and some info here aswell :) http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/90349-power-fc-pro-identification-help-3.html
thanks mate that link is to major sarcasm asking about my ecu when he had my car ! lol

it was sold to him as a pro but it actually isnt

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Ah yes, i remember that thread, big thumbs up to someone who knows how to use the website as a library.
:)
I played around with my launch controller and settled on 6800 (This was with the old turbo's Nismo LeMAn RS581) it would run consistant 11.3 11.4 all night
Now woth the djetro (not that i really try to run 1/4's) its all over the place between 10's and high 11's....:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts