GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have a new product from Philips it may be of interest for some of you to record your great drives and evidence in case of any accidents.

The Philips ADR810 Dashcam is designed to help you drive with peace of mind and protection.
Clever functions such as Emergency Easy_Capture help you to always catch the unexpected.
A 156 degree super wide angle lens, great low light performance and true colours ensure that you capture crystal clear evidence in any situation.

Please take a look at the official Philips video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB9WuVpGowY

The camera is designed with a sturdy mounting with easy fitting and adjustment. It can withstand high vibrations and temperatures, and is CE/FCC certified for safe installation and use. Simply plug into your cigarette lighter and you're good to go!

You can find more information and technical specification at
Car driving video recorder ADR 810 ADR81BLX1 | Philips
The RRP for this superb camera is £159.95
We managed to arrange a great deal, but we will need 10 people to be interested for a group buy at
£134.99
inc free delivery in UK mainland

(fitting is also available with hidden wiring and permanent power supply so you don't loose the power socket at £78).
PLEASE NOTE: The ADR810 does not include a memory card and this will need to be purchased separately.​

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
oks looks good, few questions -

1- can the resolution be set lower so as it can be set to 24hr recording, for night recording evidence as well.. breakin attempts etc
2 - can the rear LCd view screen be turned off? for general use when recording you wouldn't need this on, only for playback etc.
3 - Does it record audio? it doesn't say in the specifications
4- is there a permanent mounting racket available?

thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please put your name down if you are interested

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
Once we have 10 people we can arrange payments and postage (or fitting) ;)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oks looks good, few questions -

1- can the resolution be set lower so as it can be set to 24hr recording, for night recording evidence as well.. breakin attempts etc
2 - can the rear LCd view screen be turned off? for general use when recording you wouldn't need this on, only for playback etc.
3 - Does it record audio? it doesn't say in the specifications
4- is there a permanent mounting racket available?

thanks
Hi Chronos.
As we have our demo unit turned up now I can confirm the following:
1; resolution can be set and there is an motion detection option for 24 hours monitoring (of course will need to power the camera in permanently which can cause battery draining issues over long periods)
2; yes the LCD can be switched on and off (timer to 30 sec,3 minutes or ON)
3; yes audio recording is supported and also can be switched on and off if needed.
4; the mounting is a permanent one (3M sticker to the windscreen) and the camera can be easily attached or removed from it.
Regards Sly.

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Hi Chronos.
As we have our demo unit turned up now I can confirm the following:
1; resolution can be set and there is an motion detection option for 24 hours monitoring (of course will need to power the camera in permanently which can cause battery draining issues over long periods)
2; yes the LCD can be switched on and off (timer to 30 sec,3 minutes or ON)
3; yes audio recording is supported and also can be switched on and off if needed.
4; the mounting is a permanent one (3M sticker to the windscreen) and the camera can be easily attached or removed from it.
Regards Sly.
Ok Sly sign me up thanks, as it has the motion detection option for 24 hours monitoring, i will ask R35audio to perm wire it and perm fit it with the 3m, I've got a yellow top battery so it should be Ok, and I will also lower the resolution for longer recording, maybe a 12 hour loop or longer for when driving.

1: Chronos
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
You don't want a 12 hour loop Chronos as the video file will be mammoth and if it corrupts it would ruin the entire 12 hour clip. Most dashcams give you the option to loop on a much smaller basis, ie every 5 minutes.

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
bumpage

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Not quite getting 10 yet, booooooo

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not quite getting 10 yet, booooooo
You are right, seems to be not much of the interest. I thought more people will like it as much as I like mine, at good price, high quality and being a reliable good brand too will be no problem with warranty issues either (not like other cameras from China). Never mind, if you want your one shipped just let me know your email address in PM and I will still sort one out for you. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts