GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
has anybody come across the problem of the phone/bluetooth connection terminating for no apparent reason?
Over the last couple of days I have had lots of calls terminate for no reason or the bluetooth connection to my phone close mid call leaving the call still actve on my phone but not in the car ?
I'm not very good with this type of stuff so wondered if anybody had experienced similar problems or might have some idea what the problem might be.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
'Do you have it downloading your emails automatically by any chance?'

I did have it doing that but found it kept causing the phone to lock up so disabled it.To be honest I've had nothing but problems with the n97 generaly !

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
'Do you have it downloading your emails automatically by any chance?'

I did have it doing that but found it kept causing the phone to lock up so disabled it.To be honest I've had nothing but problems with the n97 generaly !
Must admit i got the N85 when it came out and it was pants, and now run the N86 instead because it's much better.

I had the N95 and it was faultless until i dropped it in the bath!

The N97 is pretty much the same as the N85.

One other thing.
Have you got the latest firmware on it? i.e run Software Update from Nokia PC Suite (or within the phone if you can on the N97)

Also you can set the phone's ID code to a generic code so you can get the latest Nokia firmware rather than Vodafone's, Orange's etc. which is always a few months behind and cut down. If you need help on that, i can try and find the websites which explain it for you. It's very simple process to be honest.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Must admit i got the N85 when it came out and it was pants, and now run the N86 instead because it's much better.

I had the N95 and it was faultless until i dropped it in the bath!

The N97 is pretty much the same as the N85.

One other thing.
Have you got the latest firmware on it? i.e run Software Update from Nokia PC Suite (or within the phone if you can on the N97)

Also you can set the phone's ID code to a generic code so you can get the latest Nokia firmware rather than Vodafone's, Orange's etc. which is always a few months behind and cut down. If you need help on that, i can try and find the websites which explain it for you. It's very simple process to be honest.
Thanks for the offer of help,I'm the same,had the n95 and it was great,swopped to n97 ,BIG MISTAKE,it has some great attributes but it's not as good as earlier models.Nor is it a good 'touchscreen' phone
HTC seems to work,but I wish I could load the phonebook to the car via bluetooth,can't seem to do that !!:runaway:
I think I'm running the latest firmware but will check just in case

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Thanks for the offer of help,I'm the same,had the n95 and it was great,swopped to n97 ,BIG MISTAKE,it has some great attributes but it's not as good as earlier models.Nor is it a good 'touchscreen' phone
HTC seems to work,but I wish I could load the phonebook to the car via bluetooth,can't seem to do that !!:runaway:
I think I'm running the latest firmware but will check just in case
Do you have a Nav car? If so, no need to load phonebook, it should be visible on car screen. I'm guessing not, and if so, you're kinda stuck because as far as i know, (and i did a lot of research with BMW and N95) Nokia own Symbian, yet chose not to stick to the PABP (Personal Address Book Protocol - i think) for N-series phones, so that they can do cool stuff with Ovi and the like. eg sync your calendar and contacts to an online resource. Very annoying if you ask me.

How long have you had the phone, see if you can send it back and get something else. I sent N85 back after a week, saying that it wasn't fit for purpose. (i realise a week may be within return time) and then waited 3 months for the N86.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately I;ve had the phone for 4/5 months so sending it back is not an option. You are right that I have a non nav car,my phonebook won't load off my HTC either,is it not possible or is it me I wonder.Very probably the latter ! ;)

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Unfortunately I;ve had the phone for 4/5 months so sending it back is not an option. You are right that I have a non nav car,my phonebook won't load off my HTC either,is it not possible or is it me I wonder.Very probably the latter ! ;)
Nah definitely not you.

If i had a non-nav car i'd give it a bash to help you out, but i don't.

There were apps on the N95 which 'forced' the contacts over a bluetooth connection...Actually...to save me typing and get it wrong........

Pairing / Sync-ing N95 contacts with Audi Bluetooth/BMW bluetooth etc - All About Symbian Forums

I think N97 is series 5, so there could be another app...but no harm in trying it out ;)

Best of luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts