GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Samsung SGH-D900 connects to the GTR but I cannot transfer any contacts, my phone contract is due for renewal so I want to get a phone that can transfer its contacts to the GTR. Can anyone confirm which phones will do this?? :D

·
Registered
760 Posts
I have the same problem. Can beam contacts individually by BT but contacts list on car only seems to have 40 spaces anyway, which ain't much use (if I have this correct). Also, I don't like the way it deals with calls- when you make a call to a listed contact, it doesn't show the contact's number before you dial or during call. So, if you have more than one number listed under a contact, you can't differentiate between them. If anyone has worked out where I'm going worng, please shout!

Oh, by the way I piccked my DMG premium up on Tuesday from Benfield. Top service from Richard there - regular updates throughout the (brief) wait and car was immaculate on collection.:)

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
My Samsung SGH-D900 connects to the GTR but I cannot transfer any contacts, my phone contract is due for renewal so I want to get a phone that can transfer its contacts to the GTR. Can anyone confirm which phones will do this?? :D
A thread a short while ago had a link to the Nissan webpage which listed compatibility of phones

here it is.....

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Thats also a USA list - I beleive the UK/EU models are different....
Without any evidence to the contrary this is all we have to go on. Personally I've tried 3 unlisted phones with zero success so I find it hard to believe the EDM models will be any different. If they were wouldn't the dealers in the US have a software update available too?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
My HTC Touch Pro will transfer the contacts one at a time. I haven´t figured out how to transfer all at once or if it´s even possible.

/P

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I assumed that an iPhone would work as the Japs are crazy about the bloody things and love their gadgets etc - obviously not!!!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I assumed that an iPhone would work as the Japs are crazy about the bloody things and love their gadgets etc - obviously not!!!
They've got far better phones than the Iphone in Japan!! ;)

But it's more to do with the bluetooth implementation and protocols all being out of wack. Even Nokia who own symbian don't stick to the Bluetooth Address Book protocol, hence the N85 etc don't work on the Beemers.

I'm trying out an N86 tomorrow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is the issue here the loading/syncing of the phonebooks/names etc only?? I dont mind if my names list doesnt load providing the phone connects and works via bluetooth when im in the car etc. Or is the problem that these phones wont work at all in the car??? Guess i'll find out tomorrow when i pick mine up!!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
My MDA Vario III (T-mobile branded HTC) connects to the car fine for calls, but I can only seem to beam contact one by one to the phonebook on the car. Also, the phonebook only seems to have about 40 "slots" so nowehre near enough for the average user's contact list.

Also, where I have more than one number for a contact, I have to beam each number individually and then just end up with, say, 3 "John Smith" each with a different number but no way of telling which one I am dialling from the car.

All in all, it's a really poor system. Had no such issues with my old Audi's system.

Just as well the car's the dog's bits in almost every other area really!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They've got far better phones than the Iphone in Japan!! ;)

But it's more to do with the bluetooth implementation and protocols all being out of wack. Even Nokia who own symbian don't stick to the Bluetooth Address Book protocol, hence the N85 etc don't work on the Beemers.

I'm trying out an N86 tomorrow.
How did you get on with the N86 fella?

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
when you said you were trying out the N86 tomorrow, I assumed you meant in the GTR!! :thumbsup:
Apologies.

FWIW - good replacement for N95. Better than N85 for keypad alone.

Still won't stay connected to my beemer over bluetooth.

Very buggy v.10 firmware. I debranded and upgraded to V.11. Still a few bugs - but as expected with new Nokias

Getting a replacement phone today as it kept crashing.
Although last night I discovered the reason was that it didn't like my 1000 odd texts that i'd transferred over to it. Hard Reset, and restore without texts and things are okay. BTW the hard reset is pretty hard to do on this phone due to the size of the green button and power button! You might need to ask a friend to help :)

I'm running it like a blackberry at the moment for emails (30 day trial) which is working well.

Comes with an Iplayer app which is cool for downloading top gear. Although i deleted it when trying to find a fix last night (knowing my phone was getting swapped out meant i could do some stupid stuff) and can't find anywhere to get that app or the facebook app (if you like that sort of thing) for the phone.

Feels very weighty.

OLED screen is nice.

As for GTR performance. Mine will match my car very well being black :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
I assume the new iPhone 3GS will work wont it???
No luck I have the iPhone 3GS 32g and it works hands free.
But no luck with transferring the contacts list!!
Could be it crashes due to me having more than 40 contacts in my address book!!
I was able to answer a call on a lap off the Ring the other day, was a struggle to hear the person with a helmet on and the noise from the Miltec middle pipe tho lol
:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ive had my R35 for 2 days now and absolutely loving it. Ive just replaced my BlackBerry Bold for the new iPhone 3GS and it connects immediately to the car via bluetooth and there are no issues making or receiving calls. But ive not even bothered trying to transfer phonebook etc. Sound quality is a bit crap but it does its job ok.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts