GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok lets give it a shot. Ill try organising :D

Just a few things first.

All entries to be e-mailed to me by the end of Sunday the 22nd Sept (so you have a few weeks to take your pic). Please give me your log in name so people know who you are when I put the pic on here.

One entry per person please.

It is a photo contest, not a photoshop contest :p

You must own the pic, and not have stolen it from someone

Pic must have a Skyline in it :rolleyes:

Obviously send me the pic in a good quality.

Ill be hosting the pics unless someone jumps in. Have heard it might be tough on bandwidth and Ive no idea how much I have, but Ill give it a shot.

As the polls only go to 10 options, then depending how many people enter I may have to cut the selection down to the 10 I think the best for a final vote. The other option is to post them all, using as many threads as needed, although this will mean you could vote for your fave in each particular section. Ill go with whatever seems most popular (feedback please) .

Ill display the pics and start the poll on mon the 23rd. It will be open a week (untill Sunday night) and then closed for a final result as this should be more than enough time for most people to vote.

The boss has said theres a good chance of getting a little section on the home page about it :)

Last 2 points.
Dont blame me if it goes tits up - im trying and its better than nothing
Remember its just a bit of fun :cool:

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Oooh Fab, I've got just the shot for it too.

Does it have to be your own Skyline ?

Can you expand on the 'no photoshop' rule ?

Simple manipulation isn't a problem IMO, especially if supplied with the original material for comparison. ie. Can we crop, rotate etc.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, firstly I have been advised to say for legal reasons that myself and the GTR register will have to own copyright to any pics submitted as we will be hosting them, so if you dont agree please dont send any pics.

As for photo shopping ill leave it up to common sense.

I dont have a problem with rotate or crop for example, they dont actually change the image as such. Something like sticking in a whole new background in is taking things a bit far. I wouldnt want to see any great whites jumping at GTR's :D

Does it have to be your own car? No, it doesnt, ill be taking off any reg numbers but I assume most people would want it to be their car in the pic.

As another added incentive, there is a *possibilty* that these could go towards the calendar idea on another thread.

Cheers
Lee

S

·
0 Posts
!!

You bl**dy would Cem, what with that little lot you just strapped onto your GTR !:):)

Seriously nice rims BTW, i love em:)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well ok ill increase it to something Skyline related if that helps! (I got a nice one of that engine on Abbeys Stand :D )

Two more weekends to get your pics sorted people...

Lee

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
My cars related to the skyline - because both the GTI-R and the GTR have a 4wd system called Attesa !! Does that count !?! (i'm only joking Lee mate).

I've got quite a few skyline snaps, so i'll hunt through them and see what i can "enter".

Cool idea by the way Lee.

Perhaps at the end of this we could all vote for the top 12 pictures and the "winning" 12 could be used on the GTR Calendar ? (just an idea....i'm sure Cem has plenty other ideas in mind though).

Daz

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Damn I haven't got a camera

But I've got some old pics.

Yeah Shins engine did look gorgeous didn't it Lee.

glen

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Glen,

I've got an arty shot of your car in drag.

Hmmm, cryptic, but you'll recall me taking the shots, I'll mail them to you when I get home.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Bloomin 'eck ! I've got a fixation about Glen's black clad body bits. :eek:

Can't say the BB bits affected me like that mate :p

·
Registered
805 Posts
Cem said 'I'm entering this!'

Well I'm not, competions far to good, however if it's 'pussy' pics I'm in ?? ;) RonS

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all those that have already sent me pics. Ive seen loads of great shots on hear the past couple of weeks though and no sign of some of them people yet.

Come on, lets have a pic - will be good to have a nice selection :p

End of Sunday please.

Cheers
Lee

1 - 20 of 23 Posts