GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who know myself and Sara will obviously know that we have recently moved
from England to here in Sweden. Well, I have finally managed to get my photos uploaded from
when me and the missus moved from England over to here in Sweden a couple of months ago
and I thought I would share some of our journey with the GT-R over to it’s new home here in
rural Hedemora !!

Arrived at Tilbury docks and just booked in

Our trusty freight ship out of England ! The DFDS Tor Selandia

Departed Tilbury docks and sailing down the Thames towards the North Sea,
this was a cool pic so I thought I would post it here as well.

I asked if I could take a look at the bridge while we were out at sea and the captain gladly took
us on a tour, here is a pic of me up on the bridge over in the corner just after look out over the
North Sea.

We have now arrived in Gothenburg and are just about to drive off of the ship, I had a few
moments spare so I took these two photos of our two cars on the ship.

And finally arrived at home here just outside Hedemora Sweden after a 6 hour drive from leaving
the boat Gothenburg and now starting our new life !

I hope you liked our little ‘photo diary’ ! I have got some pics of our first Skyline meet here in
Sweden as well, if I get the chance later I will post some of them up also.

Cheers

Shaun & Sara.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Best of luck with your new life. :cool:

My partner comes from Varberg which is about an hour south of Gothenburg. I love the place and would like to move there but work precludes it currently. :(

Look forward to the pics of the Skyline meet. :)

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Well done Shaun, good to hear you and Sara had a good journey and that it all went smoothly.
Looking forward to seeing some more pics:clap:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Best of luck out there mate, and remember unpack asap it sucks living out of boxes for months (like i still am after moving 5 months ago)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Shaun! :) Välkommen till Sverige ;) Kul o se lite bilder :)

Can't wait to get my hands on this R33 GT-R and take som pics of it. Shaun get down here now ;)

Cheers
Dennis

·
Registered
663 Posts
me and my misses is thinking of moving to sweden too (she is swedish). Two years ago I went over and took my evo there too for my sister inlaws gradulation party, had an awsome time there especially with some very good road there too. I will be driving my GTR over to Sweden next year for my brother inlaws Gradulation party :D we live in Varnamo which is more or less in the middle of sweden very pieceful and quiet. Best of luck with your new life and hope there is a meet while I am over there next year and meet up :D.

Leon.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hello

Glad to see you have finally made it over there Shaune .

Hope all goes well and good luck in your new life .

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you

Our thanks to all of you for your kind words, we are now as of today finally all unpacked at long last and it still feels a little strange getting used to our new home, I have to say though that we absolutely love it, we have now got space we could only ever dream of before and it will take a long time to finally sink in !!

I will post up some more pics soon, I spent all day yesterday cleaning the GT-R and it has come up unreal, I will get some pics of that up asap !!

Dennis: Name the time and place mate and I will be there, I can't wait for you to take some photos of my car either and show me how they should be done ;) when do you want to sort something out ?

Scott & Emma: Yep, pc all set up and working now & yes, we now have just a little more space than we did back in Bas ;) !!

Rob: Cheers mate, they do look at home don't they, remember what I said re coming over at some point.

Paul D: Long time no speak mate, I hope you are doing well too ? I hope all is well with you, Helen & the kids ?

Leon: Next time you are here definately look me up, if there isn't a meet going on at that time then we'll make one happen !

Crono & PeMo: Tack så mycket, I just need to become fluent in Swedish now (now waiting on a comment from Perra when he notices this post :D)

Thanks again everyone and keep an eye out on this thread as I will put plenty more pics up soon.

Shaun & Sara

·
Registered
88 Posts
Shaun: Well, I would really like to get yours, Perras and a 32GT-R for some pics before i start school again. Get all of these three togheter would be awsome. I'll think for a couple of days and send you a pm on skyline.se :)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rudolf said:
Shaun: Well, I would really like to get yours, Perras and a 32GT-R for some pics before i start school again. Get all of these three togheter would be awsome. I'll think for a couple of days and send you a pm on skyline.se :)
Yep okay Dennis, I will await to hear from you over on skyline.se, it sounds like a great idea for a 32, my 33 & Perra's 34 to be some photos I hope we can get it arranged ;)

Speak soon.

Shaun.

·
Registered
663 Posts
will defo look you up when I come next year if can organise a little meet it will be excellent. :D

best reguards

Leon.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Clean car pics now added below

I went a little mad with the cleaning of the car a couple of days ago and spent pretty much all day
cleaning and polishing like a madman for god knows how many hours !

I used a clay bar on the surface for the first time ever and I have to
admit I am amazed at the results, my car has never been this glossy
ever in the three and a half years since I bought her !

Anyway, here are some photos of the finished result, enjoy :D

I have to support the original gtr.co.uk & skyline.se now I live here ;)

The only thing that spoils this next one is my front splitter being
So knackered, I must get a new one at some point ;)

And lastly here are a couple of photos just after I put the car away,
I am still getting used to the size of this garage as it’s huge compared
with what I had back in England, and this is just one of them ! I have
another one attached to it that the Rover is kept in !

To say I am happy with the result is an understatement !!

I will take some more ‘scenic’ photos next time I am out and
about in the car and post them up here as well.

Cheers

Shaun.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Shaun: Om du lackar splittern då? Borde inte det funka? :)

That car i pure perfection except one thing. Some 19 inch Volk GT-C... in Gun metal.. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts