GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there are any photoshop experts on here wouldn't mind doing me a favour and modding a picture of my car so I can see what it would look like with:

a) Gunmetal grey wheels
b) Bronze wheels
c) Normal sideskirts & Nismo N1 skirts as I'm trying to decide whether to keep the strange ones that are on.
d) Tinted rear glass

Of course, even 1 of the above list would be nice. I know it's a lot to ask, but I would appreciate it very much as my skills with anykind of photoshop application are beyond description! :)

Thanks.

Oh yeah, a picture of my car.. :)

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Don't think bronze will work well on that style of wheel matey. Black looks good but keep it matt - shiny black just looks very plastic :(

Have you considered polishing them up to a near-mirror finish? That'd look pretty damn sweet on a silver R32 :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for doing the work for me, 2Tall, I appreciate it! :)

And with that help, I came to the same conclusion, this style of rim doesn't look good in bronze at all, and black will look like I've got steelies on, except that the back end somehow stands out more then. The wheels have a little bit of kerbing, not bad, but I was wondering if I get them done, should I get them painted too.

Never though of polishing them that shiny, maybe they'd look good and if I didn't like them, they'd be black again in 2 minutes anyway! :) Maybe, when the nice weather comes again, I can give it a try, but since it's a healthy -20 outside, I think I'll wait a while.. Guess this involves a lot of elbow grease?

And yes, Ronin09, they are Regemasters, or at least Desmond 'Marquis Promodas'. Same company, same weight, 1 piece forged aliminium, not much at all for a 17" - Look at me looking like I know what I'm talking about :blahblah: It's really hard to find any information on the Desmond wheel company.

Thanks all for the help

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Your wheels are a fairly simple, easily accessible design. Buy yourself a polishing kit and have a go yourself :) Don't forget to seal them properly when they're done though!

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Not lacquer - your metal will still oxidise underneath it and then it'll be a nightmare to try to repolish. You can buy some special sealant polish stuff but the name escapes me at the mo. There are a few proprietary ones on the market.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lots of good advice, but too much shiny stuff can make the car look bad. Can anyone do the above wheels as very shiny ones? :D

Thanks for the help guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts