GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hi,

You need to host the picture on another server. It seems Cem has took the option to attach a file.

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hi,

Sorry, I edited my first post, as it seems Cem has took that option off. You can try uploading it on your own server. Try http://www.imagestation.com
Just register with them, and it will give you instructions on how to upload your pictures onto your imagestation account. Then you just give the link to the picture on here :)

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fins

Scuse my ignorance ... but what r they supposed to do ???
U need to clean yr wheels m8 :)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Cool! Looks like a nice job.

m7law... The fins are acting to direct the trailing air behind the car at high speeds. It is suppossed to increase stability by reducing the inherent turbulence generated at speed - the performance effect is subtle but enough to make the Japanese tuners put them on their curcuit cars. Works in conjunction with the downforce generated by the rear diffuser.

Cya O!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys!
They are rather low and does scrape sometimes and specially everytime I take it out of the garage. Still, they do flex so no harm done.:)

Dino,

How come you can upload your pic of the fins in the post? Who are they made by?

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
weka...they are made by Hasemi Motorsports. They are much cheaper than the Nismo ones and I think they look better.

just put {img} http://www................com {/img} no spaces and change {} to []

if that doesn't work then the sever you are using doesn't allow otustide linking(drives up bandwith)

·
Registered
97 Posts
i like DCD one better.......less fin

LL

plus back look much much more better
but still i dont mind any one out of these 2
hehe

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Vince

Well done, they look really good, will have to get mine put back on, the new production items you have are much better than our original prototypes as on my car, but soon to be changed.:)

The difference they make to the handling is very noticable at higher speeds and fantastic around the track, a well worthy practical modification now proven on and off the track.

Just need to wash your car now:):)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
OH NO WEKA

What have you done to your gorgeous car :eek: :( .

Dino.

I do like those Hasemi ones. Subtle and Stylish and developed by one of the top Japanese manufacturers/suppliers of Skyline performance parts.

glen

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Not Halfords, facts please

Is there someone who can tell me why all of the Japanese N1 R34's have no diffuser at all, let alone longer fins. If so, what is the reason ?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Hmm

Im not sure Andre, We developed the fins thru knowledge gained with the touring cars about forces etc and about how and why the UK GT series cars mostly run huge diffusers which basically comes down to handling capabilities. The fact that we made them from Kevlar and Carbon makes them different and stand out however they are a practical mod, I have had the prototypes on my car for the past 4 ish months, done some track days and events with them on as well as high speed road use everyday and the difference is very noticable, Weka has the fins and we also have the whole diffuser made from Kevlar as some have seen and it is slightly different from the standard item, again in a better way to suck the car down even more. We are currently working on the front forces on the car:)

Why they dont run them in Japan, no idea although for what its worth the UK GT cars - not all cars run the diffusers, I think mostly is to do with driver preferences and what they want from the car as far as GT's are concerned.

As you use your car on the track, do you use the diffuser still?

Would you like to try seom fins for yourself, would like to see what you think as you use your car properly on the track:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts