GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as most of you know the GTR is gone. few pics of the new motor...

soz for the poor quality of the pics.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

becuase the car has warranty im not looking to mod it but have added and milltek exhaust already :) but i dont like it, too much drone so its booked in to have a silencer fitted in 2 weeks :) rest of the car is stock and I cant wait to take it on track!:runaway:

every asks me if its as fast as the GTR - :chairshot no chance! i think if it was power upgraded to about 650-700hp (pretty easy to achieve) then it will be almost as fast from a roll but still no chance off the line.

It is a good all rounder like a merc Sclass AMG (just a bit sportier)

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha ha! It better looking in person.

I switched because i needed to slow down. The gtr would have got my in trouble. I dont know how after 3 years i didnt get any points. Plus wanted to try sonething else. I was looking for the v8 4s (non turbo) even tho 400hp it fel so damn slow!

Its also something my dad could borrow.

But shhhhh mrs thinks its a 3.6 and a big heavy slow car!

·
Registered
25,496 Posts
anythings better than a 911

there are a fair few of these in Tokyo, but you could have done soooooo much better.

they are pretty ugly tho :(

with the Q5, again much better cars out there for the £ (i am a sline audi driver too so ;-) )

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh my! Lol. I can understand his point on the panny the rear of tge car isnt pretty but i think a 6ft5 guy can fit in the back! And thats why it looks like that.

But i do like 911s so ... :p

The q5 is my brothers. its an SQ5 which has only been out 6 months? Which car would you have got for 50k? My bro wanted a jeep that does 0-60 as fast as poss but stil can manage 35-40mpg. Atm this is the only 1. 0-60 in 5 secs flat stock. Its a nice motor.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
As a mile muncher you didn't fancy the one with the Audi Diesel engine then?
When i started feeling desperate i was looking at the diesels. I got a good deal on the one so when for it. Might be switch to diesel next year if i want to keep a panny. This full take was £125!! Which lasted 265 miles. Normal verin driving style. Honestly flooring it 5% of the time

Happy wife is a happy life!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I think it's nice in a different sort of way. I know a lot of ppl think they're ugly, but for its purpose I think it's far nicer than other more conventional boxes. Nice move Verinder :)

ps. what's the red car in the first pic?

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Love these cars.

911 is one of the best drivers cars made Matty!

I would have kept the GTR and tried to control myself though, lol.

·
R35 Section manager
10,922 Posts
Not the best looking car by far but as long as you like it.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
These cars are so much better in wet conditions on track than a 911
Should have bought the turbo though which is nearly as quick as the 09 GTR

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
anything is better than a 911 ?????????? - you need help

True it it wont win any beauty contests but these do look far less worse in the flesh

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
These cars are so much better in wet conditions on track than a 911
Should have bought the turbo though which is nearly as quick as the 09 GTR
I did end up with a turbo! :). Not for 1 sec do i think it can keep up with a gtr (not even nearly). The car just feels so heavy, body roll, frisky when breaking hard. Stil i cnt wait to track it and see how it behaves at the limits. Maybe the TURBO S is almost as fast? That has 50more hp stock and i think came out this or last year.

Is that Panamera Turbo's rear wing fixed or will it lower / raise at certain speeds?
The wing comes out at speed or you can switch it manually- you tube the wing its pretty cool! Comes out then slides horizontally

Get back in a gtr verin.... It's obvious you miss it badly.... Don't fight it... Your losing..... Lol
I will one day, stil a few cars i want to try, r8, lambo, ferrari, 911gt3 and turbo. Just a matter of time.

Trevgtr I think it's nice in a different sort of way. I know a lot of ppl think they're ugly, but for its purpose I think it's far nicer than other more conventional boxes. Nice move Verinder

ps. what's the red car in the first pic?
Cheers bud, glad u spotted it! It was ONLY a 599 GTO!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts