GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly a HUGE thank you to Gareth @ Newera for getting my car prepared so fast and for the daily updates !

Top man ! :bowdown1:

Secondly another HUGE thanks to Miguel @ Newera for finding me such a beauty, yep you were right mate, she really is MINT ! My jaw hit the floor when I first saw her....looks almost brand new ! Am VERY, VERY HAPPY :) :clap:

Had a nice journey home in the pouring rain, she's filthy now though, looking forward to my day off on Friday so I clean her up and take some proper pics.

Sooooooooooo much nicer to drive then my 2+Ton Lexus tank :chuckle:

Stopped in to see Mark @ Abbey and booked the old girl in for a dyno session next saturday.

Am itching to take it out for another spin now....hehehe

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Cheers for popping over...like you needed any encouragement to take it for a spin. Yeah, that is one fantastic looking car...amazing condition...the previous owner has clearly pampered it. I doubt you'll see another R32 in as 'near new' condition andy time soon (expect maybe in nissan's museum....)

And you've got the fun when it's properly mapped and running the full 1bar :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Thanks, Giles, you have that Skyline smile now!
....It'll probably be on your face for a long time, bud.

Enjoy!! :D :D

Miguel.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep still got that Skyline smile today, sitting at my desk grinning like a fool :)

Was suprised how nice she was to drive in heavy traffic actually, I thought the HKS clutch would be a bit of a mission stop/starting all the time but it's not too bad.

I was still worried, even as I was sitting on the train going to pick it up yesterday whether I'd made the right choice going for the R32 instead of an R33 (was originally looking for an R33) but what can I say, I'm soooooo pleased with her, wouldnt change her for anything....well maybe a mint R34 NUR :)

Yep I'll defo be bringing it along to some meets soon (once she's had a good clean & polish) be nice to finally meet everyone...

Now I've just got to resist the urge to spend obscene amounts of money on more shiny things under the bonnet !!!

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll try and take some decent pics at the weekend....provided it stops pi$$ing down long enough to clean it that is !?!

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I was still worried, even as I was sitting on the train going to pick it up yesterday whether I'd made the right choice going for the R32 instead of an R33 (was originally looking for an R33)
There are other GTRs other than the R32? pfft :p

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
R34 GTR would be nice ! Let me just sell that kidney ;)

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Well done buddy, nice purchase :squintdan

Looking forward to the photo's & as Paul said meeting you at the SE Meetings.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Congratulations, :) that does look like one nice R32 you have there.

But.........

Now I've just got to resist the urge to spend obscene amounts of money on more shiny things under the bonnet !!!
There's no chance you'll be able to resist.:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Once you have the smile, your hooked!:smokin:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Hmm, knowing G this indeed a slippery slope. If I remember correctly he rung me up to let me know he had finally made his mind up and mailed Miguel to say he would have it. Oh dear I said, when does the spending start? I wasn't amazed to hear that between mailing Miguel and ringing me he'd already managed to start!
Could be bad today, he's on a supercar driving thing. Let's hope nothing he drives has a big single turbo, too many shiny parts or anything else wallet crippling...

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL...shut up ben ;)

How right you are....this WRX Scooby they had yesterday had THE nicest, short throw competition gearbox I've ever used in my life....got me thinking.....I really need one of these for my skyline :)

Got the day off work today to clean the Skyline....tis pi$$ing down here though, d'oh ! Off to the car stereo shop instead then :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts