GTR Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Use a decent laptop with SSD, boots quick and no Apple sh*te involved, you can even watch flash clips :)
Keep us posted on the car antics Adam we never have enough time between changes to get bored of them!
Phil, front looks mint, you wouldn't notice the wrap.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Front and rear cameras going in, hopefully tomorrow.

Also front lip parking sensor for thse low kerbs and times when te front camera isn't switched on.
Which front lip parking sensor are you having installed if you don't mind me asking? I'd be interested to know your thoughts on it. I thought about installing a front mounted camera but having to switch to it manually put me off. I suppose I could do something with vehicle speed so that it always shows if the car is moving and the speed is less than 5 mph for example.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
front lip is a parking dynamics pd-1.

I saw it recommended on nagtroc and thought for the £100 or so it cost, it is worth a go.

The aerial behind the bumper kits which this is don't work if there is a metal structure in the way. I think that's why they are no good for use in the rear. This isn't a problem for the front lip plan I have.

I wasn't put off by having to manually switch to the front camera, but I have some suggestions I am going to put forward to Brian, for a later stage of kit.

·
Registered
387 Posts
front lip is a parking dynamics pd-1.

I saw it recommended on nagtroc and thought for the £100 or so it cost, it is worth a go.

The aerial behind the bumper kits which this is don't work if there is a metal structure in the way. I think that's why they are no good for use in the rear. This isn't a problem for the front lip plan I have.

I wasn't put off by having to manually switch to the front camera, but I have some suggestions I am going to put forward to Brian, for a later stage of kit.
Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: Can you let me know how well it works once you've had a chance to try it for a while?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Interesting. I am sure it will work on walls etc but I'm keen to know how it will work on kerbs which are the same height as the splitter. I'll wait for your recommendation.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Interesting. I am sure it will work on walls etc but I'm keen to know how it will work on kerbs which are the same height as the splitter. I'll wait for your recommendation.

Thanks again.
I had Iain fit one in the front splitter rather than front bumper so it can detect kerbs, works well the on off swtich is mounted lower right of the steering wheel.

They had to split the spoiler to install and rivet back together, took 2.5 hours labour from memory.

Anders

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks for the info Anders and Adam, much appreciated. I'll have a look at what's involved in removing the splitter etc and make a decision.
Cheers.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts