GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every Apexi fuel pump I'd bought came in a sealed baggie pickled in some sort of oil. I'm now wondering if those pumps need that when not being used. I had two pumps unpickled just sitting around. When just recently tested, neither worked anymore. And I had a fuel pump failure last year, after my car sat for a good 5+ months getting rebuilt...and with an empty fuel tank, meaning the pumps were sitting high and dry.

Anyways, is there a connection, where these Japanese pumps need to be stored pickled in lube or they die?

No pickling for Bosch 044s, they just come in a regular box :)

when I think of all the money I've burned on so many Apexi pumps...:(

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
my bosch 044 has arrived fresh in pickle lube and bag.

I think when not in use you need to drop them in a bowl of petrol.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I'dd just spray them liberally with WD40 inside and out and put them in a sealed bag. I'd never put them in a bowl off petrol as it could perish the inners over time

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I'dd just spray them liberally with WD40 inside and out and put them in a sealed bag. I'd never put them in a bowl off petrol as it could perish the inners over time
thats what i was thinking, but they are petrol pumps and live covered in petrol!

So im guessing thats the best bet for them?

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Yes your right, I guess either way will work fin ;)
Matty, how did your HKS AFK setup turn out? Did you manage to make it work?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Yes your right, I guess either way will work fin ;)
Matty, how did your HKS AFK setup turn out? Did you manage to make it work?
Air fuel ratio working fine but cant get the Knock amp to work.

Tried loads of different settings. There must be something different on a 34. It seems nobody has a working one on a 34. Even HKS cant get it to work :runaway:

I have a plan tho. When the HKS F-con Pro is in and working im going to try and link it into the signals that it uses. I think it should work then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts