GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

Been reading that +22 is the ideal offset on a R32. I am thinking of going for 17" but still not set on width (possibly 9"?) and offset . Before anyone starts on wanting 17's : I want some tyre sidewall for comfort and keeping close to std size.

Mine is slightly lowered on Hks coilovers but looking for a flush fit on the widest rim I can get away with with no arch rolling and no scrubbing on full lock. Don't want to have to massage the body in any way.

Would love to see pics of cars with 22(ish) offset wheels fitted!

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,172 Posts
Hi all

Been reading that +22 is the ideal offset on a R32. I am thinking of going for 17" but still not set on width (possibly 9"?) and offset . Before anyone starts on wanting 17's : I want some tyre sidewall for comfort and keeping close to std size.

Mine is slightly lowered on Hks coilovers but looking for a flush fit on the widest rim I can get away with with no arch rolling and no scrubbing on full lock. Don't want to have to massage the body in any way.

Would love to see pics of cars with 22(ish) offset wheels fitted!

Cheers

Steve
I'd say that the ideal is 17x9 ET20 or thereabouts. Pop a 255/40r17 tyre on there and you have the best compromise. 265/35R18 can work on a 18x9 wheel but I'd say that the 17 is a slightly better.

Pic of the 17x9:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That looks good also but maybe that angle is making them sit in a bit? I like a decent amount of side wall like the americans like to run on some their cars so a 45 aspect or more would be good if it doesn't rub?

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,172 Posts
That looks good also but maybe that angle is making them sit in a bit? I like a decent amount of side wall like the americans like to run on some their cars so a 45 aspect or more would be good if it doesn't rub?
If you want them flush with the arches then you'd be looking at an et of 10-12. This can be done but you'll most likely need to roll the arches.

You could run a 45 profile. It'll mean that the tyres are a larger diameter than the OEM. If you are happy with the speedo being out etc it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers for the info Guys

I've gone for Rays 57CR's in 17x9 ET22. Gloss black with black caps and valve stems. I wanted bronze but Rays said no. I'll get them changed when these get marked up.

They will look like this when fitted but a touch smaller so car will be lower :

There was a ET12 option but i sounded borderline that they would fit without messing with the arches. I can always add some small spacers if these dont hit the spot.

6-8 Lead time though - damn!!

Cheers

Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts