GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought there might be some interested to see my Chassis brace kit.
I haven't had much of a chance to drive the car since installing them, but the car doesn't creak like it did....

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
They look pretty hardcore! I have a set of tyhe HKS underbrace kit waiting to go on mine and a couple of the parts look similar.

Do you have a cage in your car also? I'd be intertested to know the difference these make. Esp on the circuit.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
They look pretty hardcore! I have a set of tyhe HKS underbrace kit waiting to go on mine and a couple of the parts look similar.

Do you have a cage in your car also? I'd be intertested to know the difference these make. Esp on the circuit.
I'd be interested to see what you think too. Would this kit stiffen up the chassis enough to make a full cage unnecessary?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Looks the goods, how much extra weight does the kit add though?
Most of the weight should be pretty low so its not really an issue, just curious :p

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Wow, I have the HKS Kansai kit to go on, but it's no where near as thorough as this kit.

Who made it and how much was it?

Cheers,

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I'd be interested to see what you think too. Would this kit stiffen up the chassis enough to make a full cage unnecessary?
I have a bolt in cage already but it still does creek a bit. Got the Kansai stuff cheap so i will chuck it on and see how it is. If it makes no difference it will come off and be sold. I'm thinking for cars without a cage or those who don't want one then this would be the best way forward.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Does the same company do the kit for the r34 gtr.

Its the front flitch and main centre brace l was interested in, as the r34 gtr comes with some of the smaller braces as standard.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers guys,
It is made by Ultra Racing (believe it is Malasian)
They prob total 15-20kg, But as metioned the weight is at the lowest point.
I don't run a cage in the car (I still use the back seats!) But I think the cage will stiffen up other areas on the car.... But this ties all the subframes together.
Given the choice, the Cage would be better, But this is mainly a road car.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the same company do the kit for the r34 gtr.

Its the front flitch and main centre brace l was interested in, as the r34 gtr comes with some of the smaller braces as standard.
They do fender braces for the R34, But don't seem to do anything else....Maybe as the R34 is a lot stiffer than the Ol R32's!

Heres a link.

ULTRA RACING AUSTRALIA - Nissan Braces

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Cheers guys,
It is made by Ultra Racing (believe it is Malasian)
They prob total 15-20kg, But as metioned the weight is at the lowest point.
I don't run a cage in the car (I still use the back seats!) But I think the cage will stiffen up other areas on the car.... But this ties all the subframes together.
Given the choice, the Cage would be better, But this is mainly a road car.
Cheers for that. I would quite like a cage but I'm not yet convinced that a cage which keeps the interior usable (I use my rear seats too!) would really stiffen the car up much. Happy to be corrected of course...

I look forward to your thoughts on this stuff when you've had a chance to get the feel of it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Very nice buddy!!!! ;)
I was looking at these on ebay a while back, do you need to drill many holes in the chassis or do they use existing mounting points?
Look forward to hearing your feedback on these!
;)
bob

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
p.s. does it effect ground clearance much?
:)
bob

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Bob, only need to drill two holes for the guard braces, the rest mount into existing holes.
Ground clearance is redused a little at the front, but no more than the exaust.

·
Registered
834 Posts
How much did the whole kit come to?

I really should do something like this to my GTS-4 it creaks a LOT coming off my drive and I even get loud cracking noises if its icey!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i see zero rust under there, kiwi roads dont use salt i guess?
Hi, Yup thank god!....We use sand in the hills....And just go sideways when there is ice! LOL!:thumbsup:

The car does have some buckled seams/rails from incorect hoists....But other that that its just a little oily underneath.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much did the whole kit come to?

I really should do something like this to my GTS-4 it creaks a LOT coming off my drive and I even get loud cracking noises if its icey!
Whole lot came to about $500euro.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Hi Bob, only need to drill two holes for the guard braces, the rest mount into existing holes.
Ground clearance is redused a little at the front, but no more than the exaust.
Wow that great Chris! :clap: you have to report on their effectiveness as soon as you get chance to drive it hard. Oh the finish looks good too! Are they well made?
:thumbsup:
bob

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Wow that great Chris! :clap: you have to report on their effectiveness as soon as you get chance to drive it hard. Oh the finish looks good too! Are they well made?
:thumbsup:
bob
Yeah, The build quailty looks good....Would have prefered they were a different colour (like TV2 Blue!) but the welds look good, and they fit perfect....So no compaints there.:thumbsup:

The only thing that was a problem was my Trust tuned front pipes. They have a kickout on one pipe to get the lenth the same, this fowled on the front big bar, I had to change it for a HKS one

1 - 20 of 27 Posts