GTR Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1307 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
no offence intended, some of their wheels are nice, just not what i'd put on a gtr. i guess you'd say personal preference

·
Registered
487 Posts
:chuckle:

I've had a few sets of Volks & TBH theres not a lot of difference in them.

Will see how they hold up over time compared to the Volks. I'll have another set of RE30s one day :squintdan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Excuse me for my stupidity but why are rota wheels taking a bit of a bashing??
I realise they are not a patch on volks wheels but they are not that bad are they surely!

·
Registered
14 Posts
no offence intended, some of their wheels are nice, just not what i'd put on a gtr. i guess you'd say personal preference
depends on a GTR. I have an R33 worth around 8k so putting a set of rims worth 4k on it would be just insane.
of course I'd rather have LMGT4s on it than Rota GTR's but the Nismos are not indestructible and quite hard to get. break one of them and you have a big problem. break a Rota and you just buy a new one.

·
Super Moderator
15,534 Posts
The thread quoted:
Interesting Write up on Rota Rims Quality + Testing - DTDIRL Forums

If you follow the links through the guy had two front rotas fail at the same point on the same day. Sorry but that just doesn't happen to volks!

Having said that, 99% of people never put them under that much strain so they're probably fine for a road car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree with abuk with his point and as much as i'd like a set of volks i think i'll stick with my rotas due to the fact that i don't go nuts in it and it's only used on the road anyway so should never be put under too much strain...

·
Super Moderator
15,534 Posts
That link shows how he rate ROTAS or am I miss reading it :/
There is a link from that link.:thumbsup: You have to follow it to the end. Initially he rated them well, but then he had two fronts fail at exactly the same point on the same day.

981 - 1000 of 1307 Posts