GTR Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1311 Posts

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,172 Posts
Not sure what you wanted to say in the first paragraph.

He has +12 offset which is the same I had once, and we were talking about the clearance with the fenders. Inner isn't a problem in a R32 until you're going 11J with 295 tires.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
I know what you were saying but obviously wasn't clear in what I was saying - sorry.

But the offset IS the problem. To stop the tyre from touch the arches you need to 'pull the tyre in'. You can do this with narrower tyres OR you can just fit wheels with a 'better' offset. You can run a 265/35R18 with an ET20 as many people here do.

IMHO a 255 section tyre is too narrow for a 9.5" rim and even worse on a 10" rim. I would say you'd be better getting either a 9" rim or a wider tyre. However, I'm aware that some like the stretched thing. It may also be the case some some 'wide' 255s would be fine.

My thread (linked in my signature) has some pictures and measurements showing the actual width of some 255/265 tyres. Some are 10-20mm wider than.

For example these are 255 section tyres:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know what you were saying but obviously wasn't clear in what I was saying - sorry.

But the offset IS the problem. To stop the tyre from touch the arches you need to 'pull the tyre in'. You can do this with narrower tyres OR you can just fit wheels with a 'better' offset. You can run a 265/35R18 with an ET20 as many people here do.

IMHO a 255 section tyre is too narrow for a 9.5" rim and even worse on a 10" rim. I would say you'd be better getting either a 9" rim or a wider tyre. However, I'm aware that some like the stretched thing. It may also be the case some some 'wide' 255s would be fine.

My thread (linked in my signature) has some pictures and measurements showing the actual width of some 255/265 tyres. Some are 10-20mm wider than.

Oh ok. But I don't think he will be willing to change wheels just to fit the tires, at least I wouldn't. LOL

+20 offset is to high for my taste, unless we are talking about 11J wheels.

Another thing is, 255/35 is as close as you can get to the OEM circumference which isn't bad. I think the OEM gearing is a tad too high and it would get even worst with 265/35.

Here's a pic of my previous car with 18x9.5 +12 and Federal RS-R 255/35. Far from stretched and even considering it was actually a 265 section, a tire 10mm narrower (5mm per side) wouldn't be stretched at all.

Here's how my actual car sits with 18x10.5 +15 and 285/30 Direzza ZII tires. Again, I did roll the inner fenders on the top to avoid contact on cornering but other than that, there's no problem at all. I'm actually thinking about going 11J +20 (or +22, can't remember) in the future, with the same tire size just because of DAT face 4 design. LOL

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,172 Posts
This is mine with 18x9.5 et12 running nobrand 255/35R18. Hard to make out but the rim is slightly proud of the tyre:

To show that the tyres really are 255 (as advertised):

If I can dig out some pics with the 265s I'll post them later

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yea 9 is to narrow unless you have deeper offset imo. 265 looks good. Going from those TE37 to the RG is night and day. Looks 100x better. I get so many compliments on the fitment from random people. Not even car people. I only run AD08R tire, just a yokohama/advan fan boy.

Acid, you think I should try the 285/30 on the 10.5 +15 or stick with the 265/30? Yours looks damn good.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yea 9 is to narrow unless you have deeper offset imo. 265 looks good. Going from those TE37 to the RG is night and day. Looks 100x better. I get so many compliments on the fitment from random people. Not even car people. I only run AD08R tire, just a yokohama/advan fan boy.

Acid, you think I should try the 285/30 on the 10.5 +15 or stick with the 265/30? Yours looks damn good.

I'd get a 9J only with 0 offset, like the TE37V Mark II but they still wouldn't fit like my actual setup does.

I did run 10J with 255/35 and it was a bit stretched. AD08R is a wide tire so I guess you can try 265 on 10.5J. Just remember to get a front camber arm and adjust the rear as well otherwise they will poke out a couple of millimeters.

Thanks for the compliment.

1281 - 1300 of 1311 Posts